• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Now that holiday shopping is done and over with, I turn my gaze to Nephew #2's 21st birthday. Which handgun for nephew?

He has a Glock M17 Gen4 now. My brother says I should get him a 1911, but he is a Zoomer, not a Boomer.

Walther PDP? Steyr M9A1? FN509? Maybe a .22? Something solid but like cutting edge.

What does INGO think?

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Steyr has an M9A2 out with adjustable grip panels if that's a thing of interest. The Steyr M9A2 is pretty comfortable in the hand but I haven't shot it. All three of the 9 mils you listed are on my mental list and I saw the Steyr over at RamZs at one point. Haven't check their stock in a while.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    Every man needs a quality 22 pistol, just for fun. I like my Browning Buckmark stainless slabside. I've heard the ruger's are nice also.

I'm gonna piggy back this suggestion, who amongst us doesn't need/want/have a quality 22 pistol?
    May I suggest a Ruger Mark IV 22/45? .....................if not for him, well, you did forget my last birthday.

76Too

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Just Passing Through
    Serious question that I don’t know the answer to...does Glock make a 22 pistol? I would personally never own one, but since he already has a Glock, maybe get him a 22 trainer in the same/similar shape for cheap training/drawing/firing purposes?

I don’t buy Ruger products, but have been looking at the buck mark.

A 22 will be a gun he might not appreciate right away, but will definitely end up loving down the road if he hangs onto it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Serious question that I don’t know the answer to...does Glock make a 22 pistol? I would personally never own one, but since he already has a Glock, maybe get him a 22 trainer in the same/similar shape for cheap training/drawing/firing purposes?

I don’t buy Ruger products, but have been looking at the buck mark.

A 22 will be a gun he might not appreciate right away, but will definitely end up loving down the road if he hangs onto it.
    Yes, Glock M44.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Now that holiday shopping is done and over with, I turn my gaze to Nephew #2's 21st birthday. Which handgun for nephew?

He has a Glock M17 Gen4 now. My brother says I should get him a 1911, but he is a Zoomer, not a Boomer.

Walther PDP? Steyr M9A1? FN509? Maybe a .22? Something solid but like cutting edge.

What does INGO think?

When my sons turned 21 we just went to the shows and I told them to pick something out. One bought a Glock the other a 686.

Everybody has different tastes.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I bought my boys a Springfield XD 45 Tactical. The oldest ones. The youngest he wanted a 9mm so I got him a Ruger American 9mm. My daughter she at that time didn't want anything, but after having a few children felt the need to have one for self-defense and defense of the family. She took my TP9V2 home after shooting it about 200rds.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Uncle Kirk seems practical:

Gen 4 Glock 26. Then put the same sights and trigger setup in both guns. Now he has a large and small pistol that take the same magazines and holsters.

Glock 43/43x/48 - so he has a small carry gun. It’s hard to ignore the convenience of the little single stack guns.

Glock 17 or 34 with MOS.

If you are looking for a keepsake then buy a 1911.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom