• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    I am not real well versed in the political process, but find myself wondering something. 1808 passed the senate and is referred to the senate. It is with a judiciary committee. My question is, will it be voted on in the Senate after it switches to a Democrat controlled senate? Is this going to sneak by when nobody is looking? Apologize if this is already discussed, I could not find anything about it.

Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    My politics are off with respect to the current senate control. The question about 1808 is the same, is it more likely to pass now?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I think the current congress/senate can pull it, preventing a vote by new congress unless the bill goes through entire process again. If still present and available for a vote, maybe amendments could be added in the senate as a ubiquitous poison pill. My answer is speculation as I'm way out over my skis. There must be some manner to handle such a situation, lest we would have suffered from such a fluky legislation, election, voting snafu prior. Great question.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    fromanotherforum said:
    They would have to get it through the current 50/50 senate before the new congress is seated next year, which is unlikely since they don't have a filibuster-proof majority else they would have gotten it done by now.

When the new congress comes in next year, the slate gets wiped clean, so that house bill that passed a few months ago will be gone and they'd have to start over. If the Reps take a majority in the house as it looks like they will, then it's unlikely a new bill will come forward and go anywhere.
    Hope that clears it up

Top Bottom