H.R. 1 "For The People Act" or more appropriately "The End to Free and Fair Elections".

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Can’t decide whether this is the 21st Century version of Adolf’s “Enabling Act” (more formally: “Law to Remedy the Distress of People and Reich”), or the first in a series of 21st Century “Intolerable Acts”. It has elements of both.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Come on, man.....I'm sure they have nothing but the best interests of the country in mind when they write this sort of legislation.

In before some of the members try to convince us that this is a good thing, voter fraud is a myth and we should all be thankful we can rely so heavily upon a ruling class so forward thinking as to protect us from anything bad happening in the future.

Like an honest person ever being elected to political office again.
    You'll get no argument from me on this on this one.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You relaxing?
    Phylo seems to be recovering well, I think he could handle some political sparing. ;)

But, in this case, it's clear the Democrats are making this move because it benefits them directly, not necessarily the American voting system.

Reactions: KG1

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Phylo seems to be recovering well, I think he could handle some political sparing. ;)

But, in this case, it's clear the Democrats are making this move because it benefits them directly, not necessarily the American voting system.

Doesn't this attempt to pass a law make it clear what happened was against the laws?

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Didn't see any info posted yet on this.

The Democrats are introducing H.R.1 which in effect is nothing more than a means to cheat in every election from now until the end of the Republic.

It's a nightmare of a bill that among other things allows same day voter registration, nation wide mail in ballots, internet registration, registering those 16 and over, limit purging of the voter roles, 15 days early voting for Federal elections, limits how States conduct Federal elections and somewhere in there lays the framework for DC Statehood plus a lot more.

Here's a link to text of the Bill: https://www.congress.gov/117/bills/hr1/BILLS-117hr1ih.pdf and here https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/1/text It's a rather long read.
    A small price to pay to keep someone out of the Whitehouse who might Tweet mean things.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I have long believed there are just three camps people fit into concerning Election fraud. One, those that believe the election was tainted by fraud, two, those intent on hiding the fraud, three, and those ignorant of the fraud.

Law Professor Davide K. Clements:

For those who believe “there is no evidence, you don’t know what you are talking about,” he said. “I’ve reviewed hours upon hours of public hearings. I have read almost all of the lawsuits that are out there. Most of them were dismissed on legal process grounds.”

These suits, he said, were dismissed due to a legal lack of standing. “The general argument” that was presented in these cases, he said, “was that because this was a general harm,” then “you have no standing because your harm has to be particular. It’s not because there isn’t evidence. There is evidence,” the professor emphasized.

“In fact, I’m in possession of 574 pages of sworn affidavits, forensic reports, all of which would make its way in a court of law under the rules of evidence in a federal or state court. The fact that the evidence has not been heard here by these courts” should not be conflated into “this idea that there is no evidence,” Clements argued.

His explanation of the way they used standing to sweep this under the rug and let folks here constantly blast that there was no evidence is enlightening.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I can't wait to be able to vote 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or more times! Feel the power!

And feel the end of The United States of America as the land of the free.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I love the combination of understanding of the situation coupled with optimism some of us share. We know we're ****ed but hoping we might actually live to vote in another election. If we're lucky we'll get to watch from our prison cells as Biden is reelected with 98% of the popular vote which by that time should be at least 470,000,000 votes.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    I love the combination of understanding of the situation coupled with optimism some of us share. We know we're ****ed but hoping we might actually live to vote in another election. If we're lucky we'll get to watch from our prison cells as Biden is reelected with 98% of the popular vote which by that time should be at least 470,000,000 votes.

At least I'll have someone to talk to.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    H.R.1 passed the House yesterday. The only hope left is that it fails in the Senate. If not then the era of "free and fair" elections is over. I urge everyone to let their Senators know if you oppose H.R. 1, if your in agreement with H.R. 1 please keep it to yourself, some of us like to think our vote still counts.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Election cheating has been around for a long time and in many cases we just put up with it. Look at Chicago, everybody just expects it and to a degree laughs at it, sort of a national joke. Fraud and machines are everywhere even small towns, what's different this time is that a lot of it was pulled together with big money into a common cause that not only worked, but is seemingly invulnerable to investigation or prosecution. Are we headed to the entire country being run like Chicago or Tammany Hall? At the end of that is 1984 or the French Revolution.

I see mexico as the model for the future of the US having spent a fair amount of time there and " the speech of the chickens" is why.

Top Bottom