• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    I've got a week off and I'll drive basically anywhere in the state, possibly even Michigan or Ohio. If a Michigan or Ohio store had one I'd just need to fill out a 4473 same as Indiana right? Now, who might have one? Suggestions? Hidden gems? Everywhere I call locally has nothing HK and can't seem to tell me anything other than wait and see. Am I out of luck given our current climate?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I'm not at all sure, but I think to buy a handgun in another state you might have to do a transfer to an FFL in your state of residence rather than just do a NICS check and take it with you

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've got a week off and I'll drive basically anywhere in the state, possibly even Michigan or Ohio. If a Michigan or Ohio store had one I'd just need to fill out a 4473 same as Indiana right? Now, who might have one? Suggestions? Hidden gems? Everywhere I call locally has nothing HK and can't seem to tell me anything other than wait and see. Am I out of luck given our current climate?

You would need the handgun shipped to Indiana and fill out 4473 here in Indiana if you bought it out of state.

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    I read a bit more. I do have my LTCH. Michigan looks like no, but I thought Ohio had a non-resident allowance for Indiana. Anyways... nobody has HK anything...

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I read a bit more. I do have my LTCH. Michigan looks like no, but I thought Ohio had a non-resident allowance for Indiana. Anyways... nobody has HK anything...
    Federal law on handguns.

Long guns different according to this : https://www.gunlawsbystate.com/law/states/indiana-gun-laws
    "J. OUT OF STATE FIREARM PURCHASES

Indiana residents may purchase long guns from an FFL in any state and take the firearm back to Indiana without having to ship it to an FFL located in Indiana, so long as the state of purchase allows sales to people from out of state. If You buy a handgun from an FFL or any firearm from a private party in another state, that firearm must be shipped to an Indiana FFL for pick up. Indiana allows residents of other states to purchase long guns from an Indiana FFL."

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

Here's one on Gunbroker with a buy it now of 699.00 and it's at a shop in Columbia City, IN about 30 miles away from you.

Last edited:

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Call Indiana Gun Club - imagine they'd ship it to a store near you if you don't want to make the drive. Unfortunately, closed on M & T I believe.

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    I'm leaning towards an optics ready VP9, or tactical even. I guess I could get one milled, but prefer the "newer" incantation. I'll look into all those places. I picked a fine time to add a new caliber to the stable.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I'm leaning towards an optics ready VP9, or tactical even. I guess I could get one milled, but prefer the "newer" incantation. I'll look into all those places. I picked a fine time to add a new caliber to the stable.
    Indiana Gun Club has OR's for 695.00 or Tacticals for 995.00, at least according to their website.

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    Update: Availability of an optics ready model was a bit iffy and I was kinda of leaning towards a "sk" version. Those were even harder to find. I kinda jumped ship and went with a Hellcat. I still want to get into a vp9(sk), but I might have to wait a bit. Hopefully availability comes back and ammo returns to "normal."

Top Bottom