• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    The problem is that people who either don't like them or have no interest in their products keep repeating what hasn't been true for many years.

The refusal to make civilian versions of rifles or making **** versions like the 416.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Have 7, once rebate goes live I'll add 1 or 2. Post on another forum indicated they are bringing back stainless slides for USPc & adding green/sand slides to HK45c. Decisions, decisions!

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I have two. I have heard multiple stories about people calling about there gun and they ask if its law enforcement or military and if the answer is neither the answer has been your S.O.L

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    The refusal to make civilian versions of rifles or making **** versions like the 416.

And the fan boys still won't touch the fact that HK doesn't seem to want to sell combat rifles to the plebs. Compare this to Sig who is taking on the Italian and US government to sell us stuff.

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    And the fan boys still won't touch the fact that HK doesn't seem to want to sell combat rifles to the plebs. Compare this to Sig who is taking on the Italian and US government to sell us stuff.

Not avoiding the subject at all, it's just not a simple awnser.

You mentioned Sig taking on the government. That's part of it the government and restrictions. The MR556 & 762 are made in the US to get around some of the red tape. Up until a couple years ago HK had no US manufacturing capabilities at all. Civilian versions of the UMP & G36 were imported and not very popular due to restrictions(neutered versions).
    For the most part the roller locks are not even produced any more.
    A true G36 looking copy was all set to be produced here and then put on hold after Sandy hook. It was back on again for this year and now on hold again due to pending financial issues.
    Even the rights to the XM8 are owned by the US Government and HK can't produce those.

So you were saying?

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    It seems that a poorly designed sales and marketing strategy is leaving HK suffering the wrath of a free market economy. Gov regs,, yeah I get it but that's no reason to alienate the civilian market. A large part of the value of any company is reputation and customer base. They may have to re asses their market value and appeal to lure in buyers.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Not avoiding the subject at all, it's just not a simple awnser.

You mentioned Sig taking on the government. That's part of it the government and restrictions. The MR556 & 762 are made in the US to get around some of the red tape. Up until a couple years ago HK had no US manufacturing capabilities at all. Civilian versions of the UMP & G36 were imported and not very popular due to restrictions(neutered versions).
    For the most part the roller locks are not even produced any more.
    A true G36 looking copy was all set to be produced here and then put on hold after Sandy hook. It was back on again for this year and now on hold again due to pending financial issues.
    Even the rights to the XM8 are owned by the US Government and HK can't produce those.

So you were saying?

Amazing how HK clones made on HK tooling are capable of making into the country but HK is not willing to do it. How much does a good MP5 clone go for $1500-2000. How much does a HK94 go for (the actual semi auto version of the mp5) $3-4000. They don't do it because they don't want to. It's easy enough to either import them into the country in sporting configuration or import the tooling that is laying around the world the clones are being made on and make it yourself.

They are broke out of choice because they turned their nose up at the largest buying power in the world and completely missed this biggest era in firearms sells ever. Now the market it flooded honestly id prefer if they went under in hopes someone with a clue would buy them out.

FN/Sig/Berretta has gotten the memo why hasn't HK?

So you were saying?

Last edited:

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    When they made them they did indeed import the roller locks (91,93, 94 ;ect) apparently you refuse to realize that time has passed and they moved on to new weapon systems.

The arguments you make are all outdated that obviously you are not capable of moving past !

And would you be happy if the potential buyers were from Texas?

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    When they made them they did indeed import the roller locks (91,93, 94 ;ect) apparently you refuse to realize that time has passed and they moved on to new weapon systems.

The arguments you make are all outdated that obviously you are not capable of moving past !

And would you be happy if the potential buyers were from Texas?

How are they outdated ? MP5 is still in production at HK and is still in demand. Because your fanboi bias doesn't like what i have to say doesn't make it any less true.

Why is it other companies willing to produce firearms in the US to sell FN/Sig/Beretta/etc... Or willing to import in "sporter configuration" and convert in the US Glock/arsenal/hk clones etc...

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    How are they outdated ? MP5 is still in production at HK and is still in demand. Because your fanboi bias doesn't like what i have to say doesn't make it any less true.

Why is it other companies willing to produce firearms in the US to sell FN/Sig/Beretta/etc... Or willing to import in "sporter configuration" and convert in the US Glock/arsenal/hk clones etc...

My status has nothing to due with the truth. Apparently you don't read. I never said outdated did I ? I also said mostly out of production didn't I ?
    I usually stay out of these threads , because of the uninformed that think they know something. Lately though I thought maybe people would wake up and stop the hate for reasons that ARE NO LONGER TRUE. I sure was wrong.

I have had these same discussions with HK employees that I know. The frustration with them is very high knowing this mindset still persists even though it's nothing HK is doing now to deserve it.

I have never denied that the negative things talked about did have some merit. It's just been over 10 years ago.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Why is it when I start reading threads that have evolved in one sided opinions coming from all angles I hear Charlie Brown's teacher in the background... just sayin'.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Sig hasn't gotten the memo. A perfect example is the Sig556 debacle. All people wanted was a Sig551/552 model and what did they get??? The crappy 556. I had one so I can attest to it. The new 556s and Xis are a joke and gravitated more away from what die-hard Sig fans want. You can get a 552 pistol version but it is going to cost you +$3000. Thanks Sig.:noway:

Top Bottom