• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    No good gunsmiths in Bloomington. Steer clear of American Arms. Too many horror stories. I also went in a while back and asked for a Mid-Length gas tube and they said that wasn't a very common length for AR gas systems.:facepalm: That gave me a good chuckle as I left.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    No good gunsmiths in Bloomington. Steer clear of American Arms. Too many horror stories. I also went in a while back and asked for a Mid-Length gas tube and they said that wasn't a very common length for AR gas systems.:facepalm: That gave me a good chuckle as I left.

Yeah I've had my own bad experiences and have never been a fan of their attitude.

JM Gunsmithing in Greenwood is worth the drive. Call first, the number on Google is good but the address is not.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    John Kleigh down at Mitchell. I am sure I butchered the spelling of his name though. He has threaded some barrels for me in the past. Also repaired a Model 19.

swampdonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Bloomington
    I am looking to have someone do some trigger work on an FN 509 tactical and have heard it is a nightmare to do yourself with a high likelyhood of cracking the frame...... would love to have someone local do it!

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    They told me it was illegal to thread a barrel... WTH?

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    They told me it was illegal to thread a barrel... WTH?
    Told me the same thing, too.

As much work as he turned down from me before I stopped calling, it's a wonder he stays in business. Guess just doesn't want to do anything harder than another handguard swap on an AR. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom