• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RTL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2017
    Crown Point
    Looking for a gunsmith to do some work on my SKS. The shop in Griffith Indiana Guthridge has been closed due to his untimely passing on. I am in Lake County Indianna, Northwest Indiana. I was recommended an individual who works out of morocco Indiana but I can not get a hold of him for my life, so I’m looking for a reputable and honest gunsmith in this area, thank you.

AZ D

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    NWI
    I didn’t realize that he passed. I’ve used his services a time or two, for something that I couldn’t do myself, but it’s been several years ago.

I’m also in NWI, and I’ve never had any luck finding a Smith. Unfortunately, I think Gunsmiths are few and far between in our state.

Sorry I couldn’t help steer you in the right direction. Hopefully someone has a line on a Smith and responds. Then, we’ll all benefit!

Bigdaddybell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2013
    Crown Point
    Looking for a gunsmith to do some work on my SKS. The shop in Griffith Indiana Guthridge has been closed due to his untimely passing on. I am in Lake County Indianna, Northwest Indiana. I was recommended an individual who works out of morocco Indiana but I can not get a hold of him for my life, so I’m looking for a reputable and honest gunsmith in this area, thank you.
    There used to be a place in Kouts called Cross Sabre Custom Gunsmithing, 702 E Indiana St. 219-766-0481.
    I used him many years ago for work on my AR, did an excellent job. Not sure if he's still there or not.

Whisk604

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2017
    Rensselaer
    Iroquois guns and repair in Rensselaer hasn't let me down yet 219-866-8532. South County in Schererville might have a Smith too but I've never used them.

Kozaturf

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 21, 2020
    Westville-ish
    There used to be a place in Kouts called Cross Sabre Custom Gunsmithing, 702 E Indiana St. 219-766-0481.
    I used him many years ago for work on my AR, did an excellent job. Not sure if he's still there or not.
    Nope, there is a shop in Kouts called Gauntlet Guns that farmed out work to him, they're still open but the guy that owned Cross Sabre is no longer in business as far as I know. He had a visit from the authorities regarding another matter and hopefully he is locked up for a long time.

RTL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2017
    Crown Point
    What are you looking to have done?

trigger work - Kivaari
    chamber/throat/barrel/bolt - Murry's

I finally after a lot of investigation found the gunsmith in Morocco,IN. And after discussion steered me in the right direction got my correct part and after he goes through my .357 I’ll have him finish up on my SKS thank you.

RTL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2017
    Crown Point
    I didn’t realize that he passed. I’ve used his services a time or two, for something that I couldn’t do myself, but it’s been several years ago.

I’m also in NWI, and I’ve never had any luck finding a Smith. Unfortunately, I think Gunsmiths are few and far between in our state.

Sorry I couldn’t help steer you in the right direction. Hopefully someone has a line on a Smith and responds. Then, we’ll all benefit!

RTL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2017
    Crown Point
    Brandt Guns Morocco,IN. I finally found him and got the correct phone number after some pretty good detective investigation by myself. 1-219 863 2132.

Top Bottom