• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    A lot of you know I do gunsmithing, you may also know that between that and Diamond Collision and gun work I can get overwhelmed.
    Good news is I have some help now. I have hired a guy that I have been working with for a while and he is doing a great job. His name is Dave Sink, great guy and great attention to detail and has been doing some really nice work.

I hope to keep him busy so I am letting everyone know that if you are needing anything done feel free to hit me up. Easiest way to contact me is text my cell 317-833-4087. I may not respond to evening or Sunday texts though

I open to new work now and hopefully can keep Dave busy as well.
    I haven't seen much AK work for a couple months and Dave was working with me last summer on most of the builds I did...…Just saying :)
    My standard guarantee still applies that if something gets messed up I will replace it and I am working closely on everything that gets done.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Just out of general curiosity, what's some of the more popular work you guys are doing and what work would you like to see more of (besides AK stuff that you already mentioned). I would imagine optics cuts are up there in popularity.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Just out of general curiosity, what's some of the more popular work you guys are doing and what work would you like to see more of (besides AK stuff that you already mentioned). I would imagine optics cuts are up there in popularity.
    I'm glad you asked :)

Cutting pistol slides for optics is probably what I do the most of, Also because of that I usually stock a small supply of Holosun's and sell them a little less then Amazon prices.

I have been getting an increase in Pin and weld request lately That's another thing.

Threading barrels, Cutting crowning and threading also.

Some minor fabricating, Dave is doing a small yet interesting job right that I will post pics of when done.

Always with the 1911 work, Not much I don't do with them. Fitting Barrels is something I do a bit of and am good at

Slide milling and porting of various types.

Some Cerakote work but no Camo patterns and honestly I prefer to keep that to related machine work I am doing. but....

Drilling for scope mounts.

I have some tooling for threading for shotgun barrels for chokes I am considering investing there. I get some requests.

Threading Remington 700 bolt handles for knobs.. Also for you lathe guys I have a nice selection of Remington 700 action blueprinting tools for sale as I don't see me doing that. Just saying.

And general repairs and problem solving, etc. to name a few things

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I think it would be super cool if you'd ever consider hosting a small event as a "show and tell" of the work you do. Give folks some insight as to what goes into some of the gunsmithing services you provide. Charge a small fee (enough to make it worth your while) and maybe do it on the weekend? I bet I'm not the only one who'd be super interested in that.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I think it would be super cool if you'd ever consider hosting a small event as a "show and tell" of the work you do. Give folks some insight as to what goes into some of the gunsmithing services you provide. Charge a small fee (enough to make it worth your while) and maybe do it on the weekend? I bet I'm not the only one who'd be super interested in that.
    I enjoy the open house scenario.
    I have done it with the bodyshop and have done at least 3 1911 classes along with AK build parties so It is doable. I tried to do a gun cleaning day get together prior to the holiday's but could never get free time to do it.

I will have to give it some thought, it would be best to focus on just a couple live projects... I am open to suggestions

I have 2 2011's I am getting ready to do complete builds on now but that is going to start pretty soon.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I need to bring you my poor old 1908 Remington Model 11 and see if we can save it. Small hairline crack at the back of the bolt opening, rust and being 115 years old....

Top Bottom