• ...and so much more!
  • 1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Real life data is the only argument against this kind of false narrative driven reporting. Obviously preaching to the choir here, but we've got to counter this nonsense with people that will listen.

Not even in the top 12 leading causes of death:

Per the FBI, more killed with hands and feet (personal weapons) than rifles:
    here's the actual report:

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I've heard that story before. Allegedly, the archers just switched to using their middle fingers to draw the bow strings. Bows were often made of yew back then, and as a sign of defiance the archers would hold up their middle fingers to their enemies to show them that they could still "Pluck Yew". Hence the background of giving the finger to someone today, only "Pluck" was replaced by... well, you know. ;)
    If thats true I seriously learned something today.

Prowler1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2016
    Bloomington
    The CDC should start with themselves as a disease and start controlling their own. Another government agency
    trying to exert their control over American citizens by bypassing the Constitution.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I think the CDC is going to get further on this than any previous angles used to limit 2a. In fact, or at least my opinion, this new "public health emergency" concept is going to be the proverbial nose in the tent. It's here. It's now. The current "public health emergency" dictates our dress, our travel, our associations both personal and digital.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Let's go a little further back:

it started when you couldn't smoke in a grocery store.

it started when you couldn't smoke in a public building.

it started when you couldn't drive until you had a license.

it started when the price of ladders quadrupled due to safety litigations.

it started with social security.

it started when everyone got a social security number (that they promised wouldn't identify you nor would they use it for identification/classification/record keeping).

it started with "I'm from the government and I'm here to help". (everyone thought that was the end of the sentence, no one heard the rest, "I'm here to help myself to your stuff!")

etc.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    These Anti 2A idiots will say anything and do anything to attack the 2A no matter how absurd or illogical. What is a public health threat are the gangs and drug dealers who sell dangerous "drugs" to those who will buy them anywhere in the USA. These gangs need to be eradicated like a bad disease.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    No surprise. Leftist officials of a left-wing administration consider guns "a thread". They will spend millions of taxpayer dollars on affirming their pre-conceived notions that "guns == bad"...

Gunmetalgray

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2021
    not lost, wandering...
    1634333266685-png.163408

1gunaholic

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 10, 2021
    Central Indiana
    It looks like now they are going to focus on injuries instead of deaths. They always try to talk up this epidemic of gun violence but in reality in a nation of 330 million people with the amount of guns we have, 37,000 deaths is barely a blip. The majority of deaths are suicides, and then when you parse out accidents and self-defense, a lot of the remainder is criminal/gang related that doesn't gin up much sympathy. By focusing on injuries they can boost the numbers up.
    LOTS of accidents by people who should know how to handle guns properly. For example, former State Trooper and now prosecutor Rodney Cummings shot himself by miss-carrying a gun in his pocket.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    The public health threat to the USA are the current elected idiots who run this country. They are a public health menace!

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    And if public health was really the priority, cigs and Pepsi should be at the top of the list.
    High capacity calorie drinks, reckless driving, irresponsible scripts for drugs, illegal drugs, crashing stock market enabling suicide, Poor prosecutors, weak judges, state budget controllers denying more prison space and education by mis appropriation. Where does it stop. They will need to leave my guns alone before they fix all this crap.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom