• ...and so much more!
  • Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    Hope this isn’t a duplicate. Got the notice today. Buyers pay based upon state they live in. Sellers collect it as part of the transaction. GB bills the sellers on their monthly statement for the normals fees + the tax. I’m not really surprised. What say you INGO? Any high value items to buy before the New Year?

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I'm curious how they've been getting away with it until now when eBay got hit with that hammer like 5 or 10 years ago.

84VETTE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Salem
    Just more incentive to do business with your LGS. It will have to be a great deal or something very specific that I'm looking for to buy on Gunbroker now that tax is added to the existing shipping and transfer fees associated with it.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I got the same notification. I also got a notification earlier this week or last week to sign up for their version of paypal.
    Gunbroker pay wallet. I am planning on signing up for that as opposed to waiting on Postal Money Orders to show up.
    If I read it correctly, they will charge 1% for it, but their fee structure for your sold items will be less. Just did a quick skim when reading due to time limitations when I chose to read it.
    I will read it more in depth this weekend.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I've felt this way for a long time. The only GB purchases I've made are either deals too good to pass up, or stuff that just isn't found anywhere locally. No good deals these days on GB, so my shopping will probably stay local for the next few years at least. I'm comfortable with my stockpile for now.

Just more incentive to do business with your LGS. It will have to be a great deal or something very specific that I'm looking for to buy on Gunbroker now that tax is added to the existing shipping and transfer fees associated with it.

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    This is garbage. Sales tax was already paid on things when they were new, now the .gov wants to re-tax used items. They do the same with cars. There was a whole war fought over taxation without representation once...

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Most expensive place on the entire internet to buy guns just got more expensive.

Still waiting on the legislature to cut our taxes in light of the massive windfall they got from taxing internet sales...:rolleyes:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Sorry for those of you who use GB.

Maybe this will bump up some traffic on the INGO classifieds? It varies, but often there are tumbleweeds blowing it there...

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Most expensive place on the entire internet to buy guns just got more expensive.

Still waiting on the legislature to cut our taxes in light of the massive windfall they got from taxing internet sales...:rolleyes:
    I thought about buying a gun on there one time then saw how much it was going to cost and just closed out the page. I've decided that if I can't find what I'm looking for at a LGS, RK Guns, etc. it isn't worth looking for. My last four guns have came from Rural King for that reason.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Go to LGS looking for a certain item, doesn't have it, says they can't seem to get it, maybe have to wait a few weeks, find what I want in another state, order it, Indiana sales tax added on, and some low life politician says I should have purchased it here? I say "kiss me where the sun never shines"!

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

That money was owed to them. You were just stealing from them before they got to where they could force websites to collect it.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

Well it is an auction.

I may have to wait till I finally win what I'm looking for but anyone who knows what they are buying knows the market value and figures the costs of ship, taxes, credit card fees, and transfer price in the final bid.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Well it is an auction.

I may have to wait till I finally win what I'm looking for but anyone who knows what they are buying knows the market value and figures the costs of ship, taxes, credit card fees, and transfer price in the final bid.

That's the problem with an auction I guess.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    That's the problem with an auction I guess.

I highly doubt INGO or an Indiana local gun store can complete my 3rd gen S&W collection and if they could I'd still have to pay for gas and put wear and tear on my vehicle teaveling. So either way your damned if you do and damned if you don't.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I highly doubt INGO or an Indiana local gun store can complete my 3rd gen S&W collection and if they could I'd still have to pay for gas and put wear and tear on my vehicle teaveling. So either way your damned if you do and damned if you don't.

You aren't wrong. I found a GB few items for a good price earlier this year. Found a blemished (still looking for it) S&W 360 snub for right at $400, and a box of 6.5 grendel hollow points. Since then though, nothing at all. Same items, same sellers, 75% to 100% higher.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I've bought more than half of my WWII Collection rifles and pistols from Gunbroker over the years. There are deals to be found; but, you've gotta be patient and walk away when another bidder comes to play. You don't generally find the kinds of firearms I'm shopping at the LGS or the INGO Classifieds.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've bought more than half of my WWII Collection rifles and pistols from Gunbroker over the years. There are deals to be found; but, you've gotta be patient and walk away when another bidder comes to play. You don't generally find the kinds of firearms I'm shopping at the LGS or the INGO Classifieds.

^^^This.^^^ And timing of the auctions seem to make a difference too. Working from home, I've often done well with auctions that end late morning or early afternoon when most people are at work and busy with other things. Auctions that end in the evenings seem to go higher (in general).

Heck, I've even gotten a couple of good deals from Mr. Grayblanket! (Pretty sure Joker knows who I'm talking about. ;))

Top Bottom