Last edited:

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Has anybody been hit by this yet? Meaning on the seller side?
    I am about to be. I have two items( that I posted last week of Dec 20) on GB that will be ending later next week. Got the notice from GB on the taxes thing. They explained how it would work and It is as clear as mud to me. I was able to discern though that they will be taking money from my sales. After these items sell( there are bids on them)... I am done with GB after this.

John224

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    239   0   1
    Apr 8, 2010
    West Indianapolis
    This is garbage. Sales tax was already paid on things when they were new, now the .gov wants to re-tax used items. They do the same with cars. There was a whole war fought over taxation without representation once...
    Think about your house, even after the mortgage is paid off, you never truly own it, as there are taxes and fees every year, and if you don't pay them, you can lose the house you have already paid for!

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I am about to be. I have two items( that I posted last week of Dec 20) on GB that will be ending later next week. Got the notice from GB on the taxes thing. They explained how it would work and It is as clear as mud to me. I was able to discern though that they will be taking money from my sales. After these items sell( there are bids on them)... I am done with GB after this.

it is actually quite clear. The purchaser now has to pay through the Gun Broker portal, at which time they will charge him the sales tax. Gun Broker keeps the sales tax and remits the rest to you. You never collect or remit the tax, it is all done by Gun Broker.

Top Bottom