"Gun violence" exaggeration, what about "fist violence"?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    There's no end of maps, charts, and graphs trying to highlight "gun violence" are there any similar maps, charts, etc. for stabbings or people being beaten?

I did a quick search and found nothing. Has anyone found a map or chart with similar info for "knife violence" or "fist violence"?

View attachment 148034

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Gun violence is the stylish term used by people who want gun control. Other types of violence, and there are plenty, don't support what these people are really after which is the permanent eradication of all private firearms ownership of any type.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Do guns really get up and fire themselves? Nope! It’s people violence! If only politicians and the media would understand that distinction.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I've seen comparison charts. The underlying data would most likely come from UCR/NIBRS, so making your own chart wouldn't be much of an issue. If you're looking at Murder rates, I think you'll find hands/feet/fist is represented but pretty low and child abuse deaths are a pretty large subset of that data. If you're looking at overall crime data, it will still include a lot of intra-family crime and juvenile on juvenile crime. I'd be hesitant to draw a lot of conclusions without breaking the data down further by age group, victim/offender relationship, etc.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Gun violence is the stylish term used by people who want gun control. Other types of violence, and there are plenty, don't support what these people are really after which is the permanent eradication of all private firearms ownership of any type.
    Pretty much...yup! And they tend to exaggerate their 'explanations' of why they want to achieve a specific outcome because no one listens to the regular rhetoric about it anymore...especially considering all the bloodshed in places like Baltimore, Chicago, Detroit, Houston, etc.!
    Sadly, I think they want the violence in those cities...it helps keep their rhetoric alive and well for what they're hoping to achieve!

Top Bottom