• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    A big pile of junk and somebody will put an Uzi on top of the pile for the photo op.

baglorious

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    NW IN
    To all of you right-wing nutbags who criticize this:

This is an INVALUABLE service for the community, and provides long term benefits to everyone.

If not for this Gun Turn-In Day, people would be doing what they've always done. Flushing their guns down the toilet, or throwing them in the trash, such that they'd ultimately end up in a landfill, leach into the aquifer, and end up causing irreparable damage to the regional drinking water, not to mention the sensitive great-lakes ecosystem. Doesn't that matter anymore?

Oh, wait. Perhaps I'm thinking of the "unwanted medication" turn-in program.

Right. That actually makes sense.

The "gun turn in program." File under: Stupid, ineffective, PR stunt with absolutely zero practical value.

Way to go, guys! Makes me want to go toss back a handfull of the leftover vicodin I have sitting around.

Last edited:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Gee, I wonder why they didn't get any guns from the local bike gangs, street punks or other "colorful local citizens"? :scratch:

"...Donors must show a driver’s license or similar form of identification in order to prove La Porte County residency..."

grogie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Wheeling Around Indy
    Gee, I wonder why they didn't get any guns from the local bike gangs, street punks or other "colorful local citizens"? :scratch:

"...Donors must show a driver’s license or similar form of identification in order to prove La Porte County residency..."

It's okay to ask for an ID for this, but not to vote. :rolleyes:

Beardown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Southern Indy
    I saw on the news a while back about pro-gun individuals setting up across the street to offer the people more for their guns than the police were offering. They were getting some decent firearms for $75!!! I'm not sure of all the laws in Indiana (I don't there right now), but we should look into setting up our own buy back program for the next one.

Top Bottom