Gun store in Bloomington. I put deposit on a gun and was sold back to orignal owner

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    All this reminds me of when I moved to Indiana 4 years ago.

I found a place in Brownsburg (apt) that I was going to move to. After going back and forth for almost 4 months their manager said they had a place and all the paperwork was good and sent me an email confirming that. In the email it had my move in date and all the particulars for move in day. It gave me my new address info so I could start the process; the heading on the email said "welcome home".

Finally finding a place I decided my next step was to break my lease where I was staying; which was $2500, then turn in my resignation at work. I did both on a Friday, about 30 days before my move in date for the new place.

The following Tuesday I received a phone call from the property manager that I could not move because the previous renters decided not to move! They did not have a place....this was after I resigned my job and paid to break my lease!

I was hot, very hot. Spoke to many people that just passed me from one to another with their "so sorry".
    I was the one on the opposite side of that just last summer. Had been in the same apartment complex for 5 years, but was finally ready to move out and buy a house. I told my property manager I was giving early notice that I wouldn't be renewing my lease.

Then I jumped into the hottest housing market of the last three generations and came up empty on my house hunt, despite having made six offers to buy various homes. I was outbid on every one.

I came back to the property manager about 45 days before the lease was up and told them I hadn't been able to find a place, was there any chance I could renew the lease. They said, "sorry, we've already got new tenants lined up. You're out of luck."

I didn't complain or stomp my feet. I scrambled and managed to find a house to rent a few miles away and moved in sight unseen. I had to put up a full security deposit and hire movers. My rent is also about 20% higher here than at the last place. It cut into my house down payment fund pretty significantly to have to do all that. But I consider it a stupid tax. I did something dumb by planning to move without a new place lined up. I won't be making that mistake again.

balaclava

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2021
    Bloomington
    I realize this is a thread about AA, but I wanted to put another stay away-story about a Bloomington gun shop out there. In late June I purchased a handgun from a friend in Texas, who then shipped it to Leather's Limited Firearms in Bloomington. On the package my friend provided a copy of his ID, contact info, everything necessary, etc. On the day the gun arrives in Leathers' possession, I went to his shop to pick it up and am immediately greeted with "I've never seen anyone ship a handgun straight to an FFL, this must be illegal." etc etc. Despite shipmygun.com allowing my friend to print a shipping label and UPS letting him ship it, Gary at Leathers is convinced my texan friend has committed a felony. So he repeats over and over that to somehow skirt this lawbreaking he's going to have to ship it back to texas to a gun shop which will then boomerang it back to us. Since I am at his mercy at this point, I say fine. I provide him with the information of a gun shop in Texas, and he says he will take care of it the following day. A week passes and I call him to see if there's any update. He has not done anything since he says he has been busy. Fine. No big deal, I get it. Another 5-6 days pass to yesterday, and I call him to see if he's shipped it to which he responds "it's on it's way to Texas". Today rolls around, two and a half weeks or so after he received the handgun, he calls my buddy in Texas and chews him out, for "committing a felony", then calls the gun shop in texas which evidently must have told him it was completely legal, because he then called me and told me I can (finally) just come pick it up after yesterday telling me it was "on it's way to texas." He gave me no explanation why it was suddenly ok when an hour prior it was a felony. I don't care that he didn't understand the law originally, but the fact that he continued to lie to me about several separate things and stress my friend out about having "committed a felony" means I won't be back in his shop ever again.

tscherry70

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 7, 2021
    Bedford
    I realize this is a thread about AA, but I wanted to put another stay away-story about a Bloomington gun shop out there. In late June I purchased a handgun from a friend in Texas, who then shipped it to Leather's Limited Firearms in Bloomington. On the package my friend provided a copy of his ID, contact info, everything necessary, etc. On the day the gun arrives in Leathers' possession, I went to his shop to pick it up and am immediately greeted with "I've never seen anyone ship a handgun straight to an FFL, this must be illegal." etc etc. Despite shipmygun.com allowing my friend to print a shipping label and UPS letting him ship it, Gary at Leathers is convinced my texan friend has committed a felony. So he repeats over and over that to somehow skirt this lawbreaking he's going to have to ship it back to texas to a gun shop which will then boomerang it back to us. Since I am at his mercy at this point, I say fine. I provide him with the information of a gun shop in Texas, and he says he will take care of it the following day. A week passes and I call him to see if there's any update. He has not done anything since he says he has been busy. Fine. No big deal, I get it. Another 5-6 days pass to yesterday, and I call him to see if he's shipped it to which he responds "it's on it's way to Texas". Today rolls around, two and a half weeks or so after he received the handgun, he calls my buddy in Texas and chews him out, for "committing a felony", then calls the gun shop in texas which evidently must have told him it was completely legal, because he then called me and told me I can (finally) just come pick it up after yesterday telling me it was "on it's way to texas." He gave me no explanation why it was suddenly ok when an hour prior it was a felony. I don't care that he didn't understand the law originally, but the fact that he continued to lie to me about several separate things and stress my friend out about having "committed a felony" means I won't be back in his shop ever again.
    Thanks for sharing this. I don't know why it's so hard to find a decent FFL in Bloomington, or Bedford. The most courteous and professional FFL I've dealt with so far has been the Gold Pawn in Ellettsville with the two gals that have pink hair.

I lived in Texas for over 20 years, if it wasn't so dad gum hot, I'd go back.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Thanks for sharing this. I don't know why it's so hard to find a decent FFL in Bloomington, or Bedford. The most courteous and professional FFL I've dealt with so far has been the Gold Pawn in Ellettsville with the two gals that have pink hair.

My son was telling me at the Kuwait/Iraq border is over 120°. I will tell you what I told him, but son, its a dry heat.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    My son was telling me at the Kuwait/Iraq border is over 120°. I will tell you what I told him, but son, its a dry heat.
    First, that varies a lot depending where you are in Texas.

Second, sticking your head in the oven is a dry heat too. :):

For the record, I would move back to the San Antonio area in a heartbeat.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

That's where I went until they jacked their transfer fee.

I dunno what it is with Bloomington and awful FFLs. Maybe a business opportunity? Ark's Not Horrible Gun Shop.

Top Bottom