• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is visiting the Muncie Gun Show worth the time?

• Total voters

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    It used to be poorly lit. That was my many complaint about the venue. I believe it is now better lit than poorly. I always said the flashlight table would be busy at Muncie.

Last time I went it was less than 90 minute tour of all tables. I believe I got 3 boxes of buck shot. It was a very good deal. Middle of the gun buying panic post Covid and everything seemed high everywhere.

EMT-Alex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2021
    Anderson
    Non-ffls refuse to sell pistol ammo to people under 21.

I had a man try to convince me that his RIA 1911 GI was worth $800.

You won’t find ammo or primers anywhere near what they’re really worth.

Milsurps are usually astronomically priced but you get some good deals.

Most modern guns they sell are $200 over MSRP, despite the gun being used?

It’s all around silly, it’s Not worth going in my opinion. You’re better off using the internet,
    INGO, or Armslist.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Gun shows are pretty much a hit or miss thing. They are a great show if you go to one and find something that you have been searching for all your life. They are a bad show if you go to one and don't find anything that you must take home with you.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Non-ffls refuse to sell pistol ammo to people under 21.

I had a man try to convince me that his RIA 1911 GI was worth $800.

You won’t find ammo or primers anywhere near what they’re really worth.

Milsurps are usually astronomically priced but you get some good deals.

Most modern guns they sell are $200 over MSRP, despite the gun being used?

It’s all around silly, it’s Not worth going in my opinion. You’re better off using the internet,
    INGO, or Armslist.
    so... like the columbus and seymour gun shows. lotta chaff to sift for the gems. I imagine most smaller gun shows are like that. come to think of it the 1500's like that too just a lot bigger so multiple potential deals to be had along with proportionally more chaff.

EMT-Alex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2021
    Anderson
    Do you have a problem with people that don't violate federal law?
    It is not illegal to purchase pistol ammunition as an 18-20 year old if it is to be used in a carbine platform.
    It is not illegal to purchase pistol ammunition as an 18-20 year old if it is purchased from a NON-FFL, carbine platform or pistol platform.

Last edited:

EMT-Alex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2021
    Anderson
    so... like the columbus and seymour gun shows. lotta chaff to sift for the gems. I imagine most smaller gun shows are like that. come to think of it the 1500's like that too just a lot bigger so multiple potential deals to be had along with proportionally more chaff.
    In my opinion. It’s not worth it. I’d rather cut the middleman out in most of my firearm related purchases. You’ll find a good deal on armslist faster than you would at a gun show.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    It is not illegal to purchase pistol ammunition as an 18-20 year old if it is to be used in a carbine platform.
    It is not illegal to purchase pistol ammunition as an 18-20 year old if it is purchased from a NON-FFL, carbine platform or pistol platform.

Fudds need to quit enforcing non-existent gun laws.
    Not according to ATF

EMT-Alex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2021
    Anderson
    Not according to ATF
    “Licensees are bound by the minimum age requirements established by the GCA regardless of State or local law”

I’m talking about Non-Licensees. Or Non-FFLs. Or private party sellers.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    “Licensees are bound by the minimum age requirements established by the GCA regardless of State or local law”

I’m talking about Non-Licensees. Or Non-FFLs. Or private party sellers.
    ATF agents that set up an information booth at the gun show told me that to purchase handgun ammo they must be 21 or over. They said that applies to EVERYONE, FFL or not. You do what you want, but I deal with them enough that I'm not going to do the opposite of what they told me. Maybe they were wrong, but I'm not going to chance it.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    ATF agents that set up an information booth at the gun show told me that to purchase handgun ammo they must be 21 or over. They said that applies to EVERYONE, FFL or not. You do what you want, but I deal with them enough that I'm not going to do the opposite of what they told me. Maybe they were wrong, but I'm not going to chance it.
    Kinda like asking a cop about laws. The link posted refers to a "licensee" selling handgun ammo, not private party. INGO might not be a lawyer but there are many lawyers that post here and many threads about 18-21 buying handguns and in none I've ever seen was it disputed that 18-21 can buy a pistol from a private party and by association ammo for that pistol.

On the other hand, our country has many times proven there's no place for reason or even reality when it comes to lawmaking so if someone has the relevant code handy, I'm all ears (or eyes cuz forum)

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Kinda like asking a cop about laws. The link posted refers to a "licensee" selling handgun ammo, not private party. INGO might not be a lawyer but there are many lawyers that post here and many threads about 18-21 buying handguns and in none I've ever seen was it disputed that 18-21 can buy a pistol from a private party and by association ammo for that pistol.

On the other hand, our country has many times proven there's no place for reason or even reality when it comes to lawmaking so if someone has the relevant code handy, I'm all ears (or eyes cuz forum)
    Like I said, they could be wrong. I sold over 8 million rounds of ammo last year and turned down maybe 2 people that were "underage" in that time. It's not worth it for me to take a chance. If people don't like it, they can go someplace else. I'm not directing this comment at anyone in particular, just general information.
    I've had different agents tell me different things (on other subjects), so if it's not in writing, it means nothing coming from the mouth of an agent. I can understand why people that are over 18 and under 21 would be upset, frankly I am too. Most of these laws and regulations should not exist, but someone getting mad at a seller because they don't want to risk going afoul of the law doesn't make any sense to me.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Had not been there since the 1990s until a few years ago. Terrible dungeon lighting, very few volume new gun vendors. I did pick up a 1000 primers for 30 bucks or so . Glad I did. But it was not a show I'd go back to anytime soon especially in today's market.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Like I said, they could be wrong. I sold over 8 million rounds of ammo last year and turned down maybe 2 people that were "underage" in that time. It's not worth it for me to take a chance. If people don't like it, they can go someplace else. I'm not directing this comment at anyone in particular, just general information.
    I've had different agents tell me different things (on other subjects), so if it's not in writing, it means nothing coming from the mouth of an agent. I can understand why people that are over 18 and under 21 would be upset, frankly I am too. Most of these laws and regulations should not exist, but someone getting mad at a seller because they don't want to risk going afoul of the law doesn't make any sense to me.
    Being in the business, better safe than in prison.

I wouldn't take a cop's word for "we won't you arrest you for that even though it's on the books" either.

Even if it's not on the books, they can arrest you and put you through hell while it's sorted out with not even a whoopsie daisy.

EMT-Alex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2021
    Anderson
    Being in the business, better safe than in prison.

I wouldn't take a cop's word for "we won't you arrest you for that even though it's on the books" either.

Even if it's not on the books, they can arrest you and put you through hell while it's sorted out with not even a whoopsie daisy.
    Better safe than sorry. Might as well avoid firearms all together to ensure complete legal safety.

It’s like being told safe sex is too risky as there is still an inherent risk and you might as well abstain for the rest of your life.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Better safe than sorry. Might as well avoid firearms all together to ensure complete legal safety.

It’s like being told safe sex is too risky as there is still an inherent risk and you might as well abstain for the rest of your life.

Well I'd that's the way you feel they shear the wool in the spring!
    By the way if you are going to get rid of firearms or reloading supplies let me know, I can give $.25 on the dollar!
    Just :stickpoke:and havin fun :lmfao:nothing serious intended.

Top Bottom