• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • minigunjake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2018
    Indianapolis
    What are some of the silly things you've seen, heard, or experienced at gun shows? Here's my story.

I took a platonic girl-friend to a gun show once. She's former Army and somewhat "progressive" ideologically. Well she'd never been to a gun show before and so she didn't know that there are frequently vendors of WW2 militaria (i.e. nazi stuff). So she gets somewhat animated about it and kind of starts to lecture the guy on why that seems inappropriate to her. The guy just stood there with the smuggest grin, like he's waited a lifetime for this moment, and just explained that it's a part of history and it makes money, and so on. I had to usher her away when she started getting louder. I don't take her to gun shows anymore.

And one time I saw a guy holding a flintlock pistol reproduction "gangster style."

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Saw a guy that was tall and over weight wearing one of those tacticool vests with the tiny Velcro on holster. He had some non descript black semi auto in his hand with the orange zip tie. The Velcro was prob a size or size and a half too small.

He was whining to some vender that he carries his pistol on his chest coming in but with the zip tie he could get it back in the holster so he had to carry it. The vendor looked like he was trying his best to not laugh at the guy he offered to snip the zip tie off but he might get in trouble for carrying it with out one.

Guy looked like baby Huey in a vest.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Buddy of mine went to a gun show and brought a top break S&W pistol to sell. He stopped at the gun inspection table and the safety person picked it up, pulled back the hammer, pointed it at the ceiling and pulled the trigger.

He has stopped going to gun shows...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I like it someone is looking at a gun, pointing it in a safe direction, then someone else comes walking up and puts themself in front of the gun barrel then acts all offended and wants to lecture people on gun safety.

Top Bottom