• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jlong51454

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2022
    Indainapolis
    Nope, won`t do business in any form with them. I appreciate your trying to help though.
    Just curious, why? If they havent been on the up and up I won't patronize them anymore. I have never purchased firearms from them. I have bought some odds and ends reloading stuff.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Just curious, why? If they havent been on the up and up I won't patronize them anymore. I have never purchased firearms from them. I have bought some odds and ends reloading stuff.
    Quite some time ago, I took a Remington 552 Speedmaster .22 rifle to them. It had been jamming, and they said they could "professionally" clean it and stop the jamming issues. I took it to them, paid them, and they returned it and said it was all good. I took it out to shoot, and it was doing the very same thing. So, I took it to a really good gunsmith and explained the situation to him. When I picked it up from Jeff, he rolled his eyes and said it sure didn`t look to him like it had been cleaned. He said it was a grungy mess. And no, I never went back at Premier Arms about them lying to me. I just ate the money O paid them and chalked it up to experience. If they told me they had actually cleaned and fixed it, I wasn`t going to get anything truthful from them.

Jlong51454

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2022
    Indainapolis
    Quite some time ago, I took a Remington 552 Speedmaster .22 rifle to them. It had been jamming, and they said they could "professionally" clean it and stop the jamming issues. I took it to them, paid them, and they returned it and said it was all good. I took it out to shoot, and it was doing the very same thing. So, I took it to a really good gunsmith and explained the situation to him. When I picked it up from Jeff, he rolled his eyes and said it sure didn`t look to him like it had been cleaned. He said it was a grungy mess. And no, I never went back at Premier Arms about them lying to me. I just ate the money O paid them and chalked it up to experience. If they told me they had actually cleaned and fixed it, I wasn`t going to get anything truthful from them.
    Sounds rather shady of them. Guess I am going to have to find somewhere else to spend my money. Thank you for the response.

STopaz1982

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 14, 2021
    Hendricks County
    Sorry to hear about your experience. I have done a fair amount of business with them (Through several owners, business names, and two locations through the years) and have never had an unsavory experience. I imagine if that had happened to me, I would probably have the same reaction.

To answer the OP's original question, Fort Liberty in Avon used to take consignments, not sure if they do currently. I have had good luck with them (not selling but buying). If you don't have luck selling here, that could be an option.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    Depending on the value and how much you want for it there are several shops that will buy it outright. You will get less for it but easy sale and don’t have to worry about who buys it.

I usually press the easy button and sell mine (on those rare occasions) to Tactical Weapons and Supply in Crawfordsville. Eric always pays a fair price and I sell it quickly with no fuss or concerns about liability after the sale.

I could probably get a few extra bucks by posting it myself but it never seems worth the extra time and hassle.

STopaz1982

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 14, 2021
    Hendricks County
    I usually press the easy button and sell mine (on those rare occasions) to Tactical Weapons and Supply in Crawfordsville. Eric always pays a fair price and I sell it quickly with no fuss or concerns about liability after the sale.

I could probably get a few extra bucks by posting it myself but it never seems worth the extra time and hassle.
    I like this place. Not large but a nice selection. Bought a cool milsurp from them a while back. Seem to be great people.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I had wondered if I might not ought to try to just sell it here, but I`m leery of trying that.
    Why be leery? I have meet several INGOers on here and the odds a decent person will end up with it are probably higher that if it went thru a shop. Granted I have not interacted with everyone but if they are a site supporter and have positive feed back and solid background and bern around a few years you will be fine

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Why be leery? I have meet several INGOers on here and the odds a decent person will end up with it are probably higher that if it went thru a shop. Granted I have not interacted with everyone but if they are a site supporter and have positive feed back and solid background and bern around a few years you will be fine
    Like I said before, it`s not about the quality of people, it`s about not wanting anyone disappointed with the accuracy of the rifle.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    My concern isn`t the potential buyers here. I`ll be very upfront here. I`m selling a Ruger M77 Mark II. I`ve shot several different bullet weights and brands through it, and the best I can get from it with factory ammo is around a 2" group. The group it shoots will kill deer obviously, and it will be an adequate rifle with factory ammo even out to 150 yards. But, I want something that shoots tighter groups. A handloader can likely wring out tighter groups, but I don`t handload.

I`m leery of selling it here because I don`t want someone here upset with me if they buy the rifle, then they`re not satisfied with the groups the rifle gives them. My wife is going to gut me like a fish when she finds out about the new rifle I bought, and I don`t need a second person upset with me.
    Disclose your experience with the rifle and all will be fine.

Have you considered trading the gun in on what you want?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

I have many casual INGO friends that came of classifieds trading.

I recently picked up a long wished for reloading press from an old friend. We chatted for a bit in the parking lot, where we'd met 8 years before for a shotgun trade.

Lots of folks have been traded with 2-3+ times.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Tikka T3x Hunter Stainless Steel fluted barrel. And I gotta help pay that dude off...
    Congrats on the new rifle! That is a nice looking Ruger as well. I'm surprised no one has posted it yet and there may be reasons you don't want to consider it as an option but you will potentially get more for your rifle on GB.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Without stirring things up too much, I wonder if caliber choice makes a difference in this discussion?

Would .308 vs 30-06 make a differerence in selling, buying and even ammo versatility for potential accuracy?

Top Bottom