Gun Shops selling on Gunbroker but not to their local clientele!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    You sure can, but all this "purity test" Bull Sheet people want to place on small businesses trying to survive is, in the end, damaging to all of us. Who designated you and the OP the arbiters of the gun business? Same goes for others here constantly complaining that this site or that store didn't pass their purity test in the marketing and pricing of their wares.

The gun and ammo market is tough and we need these places to survive we must stop cutting our own throat for petty perceived slights...
    My point is there are shops selling 9mm for $32 a box and shops selling 9mm for $60 a box. A M&P15 for $999 others $699. Some pass along there price increases. Others take full advantage Of a crisis. It's not my job to help anyone survive thats not going to be at my Thanksgiving table. If I get great service from a Plumber I remember. If I get shite service I remember. Shite service comes in many forms.

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    ACME in Seymour does this on a regular basis. No complaints here it’s their business. But I can go anywhere and choose not to go there. I had an instance where I walked in and saw an item in the case that I wanted to buy but was told no. The reasoning behind it was when he sells on gunbroker he is selling to a much larger audience and will make more money. Makes sense but Don’t have to support it. This was way prepandemic.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    My point is more directed at the constant bashing of retailers that don't meet individual purity tests. We need those retailers, even the ones some here think are bad.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    ACME in Seymour does this on a regular basis. No complaints here it’s their business. But I can go anywhere and choose not to go there. I had an instance where I walked in and saw an item in the case that I wanted to buy but was told no. The reasoning behind it was when he sells on gunbroker he is selling to a much larger audience and will make more money. Makes sense but Don’t have to support it. This was way prepandemic.
    They would always post really nice guns on Facebook and then show the gunbroker link, I remember that. I haven't seen them do that too much lately.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I think this whole discussion is funny. Also, thinking of another thread talking about LGS going out of business. 1) shop sells on gunbroker and not in store = get bashed. 2) store refuses to sell on gunbroker or ship guns to other FFLs. Raises prices to reflect the market = scalpers!!! Get Bashed. 3) Store sells inventory at pre-pandemic prices, lacks capital to replace inventory = Out of Business.

There really is no pleasing people.

Top Bottom