Gun Shops selling on Gunbroker but not to their local clientele!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Just got off the phone with a well-established Indiana gun store. Asked them if they had any SIG Mk25s in stock? They said no.

However, they are selling one on Gunbroker as we speak.

Makes me wonder why they feel it is appropriate to reduce their in-house inventory for their regular customers just so they can offer guns online to (hopefully) make a few extra bucks in an auction?

Seems like they don't give a crap about their regular customers!

What say you?

Vanguard.45

Daredevil0911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2017
    Elkhart
    Just got off the phone with a well-established Indiana gun store. Asked them if they had any SIG Mk25s in stock? They said no.

However, they are selling one on Gunbroker as we speak.

Makes me wonder why they feel it is appropriate to reduce their in-house inventory for their regular customers just so they can offer guns online to (hopefully) make a few extra bucks in an auction?

Seems like they don't give a crap about their regular customers!

What say you?

Vanguard.45
    Because they’re making hundreds over MSRP to people and other stores from out of State. It’s ridiculous how much prices have gone up.

Vanguard.45

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Jeremy from We Like Shooting said he sold a Henry on Gunbroker for $3000 and it was on his shelf for $899. Hard to blame a guy for capitalizing on idiots.
    If the MK25 was available at their shop AND they were also offering it on Gunbroker, I would have no problem with that. It is the fact that they are telling the public they don't have the gun in stock when they actually do have it. They just don't want to offer it to their customers at or around MSRP. I would guess a call to SIG might motivate them to begin offering guns in their shop since they are allegedly an "authorized SIG dealer." I am sure there are rules in place requiring them to offer guns on site to customers in order to remain a SIG dealer. Bottom line for me is that, although they have the RIGHT to sell wherever they want, they are treating their on site customers like crap by claiming there is a shortage of certain guns when it is really just them wanting to gouge prices. Pretty low.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Pretty sure the shop can sell a gun for whatever price they want. They bought it from the distributor so it is their gun. Sig reps have a commercial side and an LE side and they are different divisions. Now if the gun was purchased from Sig then there might be some say, but commercial Sigs come through distributors.

I don’t know the rules for gunbroker but my guess is that once it hits the website it is supposed to be for sale until someone buys it or the auction runs it’s course. So my advice would be to bid or hit the buy now option.

People complain about shops charging more then MSRP. MSRP is a suggested price. My guess is that 90% of those complaining are looking to flip the guns anyway.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I would think that once the auction has a bid on it, that gun is no longer "available" for sale in the shop.

Gunbroker tells bidders that they are entering into a legally binding contract to purchase the items, so it would make sense that the shop listing items has that same obligation. They can't sell something to you that they've already agreed to sell to someone else.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    The thing would be if you did buy and weren't allowed to do the paperwork there and needed to ship to another store right next door to complete.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I would think that once the auction has a bid on it, that gun is no longer "available" for sale in the shop.

Gunbroker tells bidders that they are entering into a legally binding contract to purchase the items, so it would make sense that the shop listing items has that same obligation. They can't sell something to you that they've already agreed to sell to someone else.
    This.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I remember this coming up with ARs and AKs during the post Sandy Hook meltdown. There were a lot of shops selling on GB because they didnt want to anger the local base with accusation of price gouging.

So all this indignation, price shaming, a general lack of how a business functions, on INGO, has consequences. Who would have thunk...

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

So to the OP, it is for practical purposes sold to gunbroker, they just don't know who will pick it up, you still have a chance...

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I guess if its there shop. There stuff Thay can do as they want. But you also have the option to remember how you as a local customer are treated when and if this is all over.

You sure can, but all this "purity test" Bull Sheet people want to place on small businesses trying to survive is, in the end, damaging to all of us. Who designated you and the OP the arbiters of the gun business? Same goes for others here constantly complaining that this site or that store didn't pass their purity test in the marketing and pricing of their wares.

The gun and ammo market is tough and we need these places to survive we must stop cutting our own throat for petty perceived slights...

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It's a free market. I'm sure you're welcome to bid on gun broker. With inventory being what it is, I'm sure they're trying to maximize margins.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Speaking of Gunbroker, can't help but notice that some of the pricier ammo for sale in the classifieds mention what it's selling for on GB. ;)

Not really sure that sales pitch is working? :dunno:

Top Bottom