• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Spending some time in Indy tomorrow and would like to hit a couple gun shops. Mainly looking to handle a Dan Wesson Bruin. I will be down town on Fulton street, then going to Twin Peaks on the North East side. I will be coming up 65 in route there. Whats the good shops?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I'm familiar with the gun shops on the south side mainly. If you are looking for CZs, The Outdoorsman in Greenwood is a good stop. They are the biggest CZ seller in the state and generally have a good 18 to 20 different types in stock. They also have a decent number of 1911s and at one time, did have a Bruin in stock. Not sure if it's still there though, as I have not been in for a week or so. USDS on 37 is a good shop too and tend to have a good number of current, striker fired pistols.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Beech Grove Firearms is my favorite, and has a very nice selection. Might, or might not not have the Dan Wesson, but definitely worth a visit. Great people, and they can get you whatever you want.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I'll second Beech Grove. Elmores would be a good spot to check which is right down the road from the Outdoorsman. I also believe Point Blank had a couple CZ's. Point Blank isnt the best for conversation but they have a lot of guns at good prices.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    I'm definitely going to stop by Indiana Gun club, online prices are high but, at least I can handle one them have my dealer order it for me. I'll probably check out USDS also.
    Thanks INGO

Last edited:

michaelward50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2018
    Indianapolis
    +1 for 500 guns. Have purchased two handguns from there and have been happy both times. Have also just looked around a few times and learned from the store keepers, they are helpful.

RND

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2014
    Westfield
    I'm definitely going to stop by Indiana Gun club, online prices are high but, at least I can handle one them have my dealer order it for me. I'll probably check out USDS also.
    Thanks INGO

in thee end, you’re not going to be much cheaper than IGC. Be prepared to walk out with a Bruin. Don’t bother with USDS.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Wish I would have had more time, we left twin peaks around 3 and the Friday traffic in indy is just not what this country boy is used to. We did hit Elmores... for about two minutes, because that's as long as i could hold my breath, that's all i will say about that place. Then we hit USDS, it was a nice place and they were busy but, I didn't find anything I couldn't live without.
    One day I'd really like to find the time to visit Indiana gun club and 500 guns. Need to go in the middle of the day in the middle of the week. Indy traffic is a bear!
    Twin peaks is nice though.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Wish I would have had more time, we left twin peaks around 3 and the Friday traffic in indy is just not what this country boy is used to. We did hit Elmores... for about two minutes, because that's as long as i could hold my breath, that's all i will say about that place. Then we hit USDS, it was a nice place and they were busy but, I didn't find anything I couldn't live without.
    One day I'd really like to find the time to visit Indiana gun club and 500 guns. Need to go in the middle of the day in the middle of the week. Indy traffic is a bear!
    Twin peaks is nice though.

So you went to the gun stores after Twin Peaks? Indiana Gun Club was only about 13m NE of Twin Peaks, you should have hit that first if the mission was to see a Bruin. You went to two tiny gun stores I could almost guarantee would not have a Bruin. Most people feel you when it comes to Elmores, I used to stop in there when out and about in Greenwood but not much anymore and I've had some transfers sent to USDS, nice guys in there. Any day spent with some trips to the gun stores is a good day though.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    So you went to the gun stores after Twin Peaks? Indiana Gun Club was only about 13m NE of Twin Peaks, you should have hit that first if the mission was to see a Bruin. You went to two tiny gun stores I could almost guarantee would not have a Bruin. Most people feel you when it comes to Elmores, I used to stop in there when out and about in Greenwood but not much anymore and I've had some transfers sent to USDS, nice guys in there. Any day spent with some trips to the gun stores is a good day though.

You are correct about being close to Indiana Gun club, but I was 130 miles from home, I just wanted to get out of that traffic. Ill make it back up there soon and make IGC a priority.

Top Bottom