• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Just saw this on Fox 59. Had some teenage girl saying it's not necessary and some 30 something guy saying it's a good idea.

So, this would be a chain being from Ohio and wanting to expand into Louisville KY- does it count as a LGS or would you put it in the same category as Cabelas/Gander? Walmart is local if you're from Arkansas.

jon159753

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Avon, IN
    A gun range in Carmel is a great idea.
    Maybe an Indiana resident should do it....
    Is there no investment capital in Carmel? I thought that's were all the money in central Indiana was at.

One more lane than BGF... thank you for proof of concept south side.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Now to see if the residents want this in their neighborhood. I believe Brownsburg recently turned down a similar plan.

bdickmeyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2012
    My dad lives just around the corner from the proposed location and he's all for it... granted he is a gun person

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I no longer technically live in Carmel but I know a lot of people who do. How does one go about swaying the vote on public opinion to get this thing to happen?

Suggestions?

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    Yeah they are going to try to stop it, seems that way in the news.

Yep, saw a TV "news" story and there was no doubt they were firmly against it. Like having a safe place to shoot is a bad thing?

That's a shame to hear. No doubt that it would do great and get a lot of business. There really isn't anywhere else to shoot on the northern side of indy.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I just don't see Carmel allowing it. Surely dozens of gun stores, likely without ranges even, have tried to launch in the area due to the density/wealth, yet none exist to this day. Some uptight, rich, soccer moms will get wind of this and it will get nixed I bet. On the other hand, it has become "fashionable" to get a LTCH recently, so I guess it all depends on what is fashionable.

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    I wish them the best. I've been to the Cincinnati store - it's clean, bright, well stocked, and very well run. Pretty much the nicest gun shop I've ever been in.

indyharleyguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Carmel
    If you live in Carmel you might want to go to the first City Council meeting regarding this. It's Tuesday August 20th at 6 PM in the Carmel City council champers. I think the more Carmel residents we get there showing our support the more the city council people will see it's a good thing to have in Carmel.

I've already sent a e-mail to every City Counsel Representative. A little birdie told me there will be support for this if we can get a large amount of citizen support also.

From the video of their store in Cincinnati it looks like a top notch place they have there and will be similar to what they put here.

You might also want to send an e-mail to the Carmel Planning Commission. They are at lmotz@carmel.in.gov

Last edited:

bdickmeyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2012
    The mayor came out against it today. I sent him a lengthy email as to why this should happen. If he see's enough support, he'll start seeing the dollar signs.

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    I don't know why the Indiana Gun Club doesn't make a nice indoor range - it's not in the middle of a city and is already established. Sure it's $ but maybe make a deal with these new guys. Oh well.

andski3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Carmel
    The mayor came out against it today. I sent him a lengthy email as to why this should happen. If he see's enough support, he'll start seeing the dollar signs.

He is too busy trying to tear down merchants square to worry about these dollar signs.

indyharleyguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Carmel
    Yes the Mayor of Carmel is against it now but he has changed his mind already a couple of times. I do know 4 City Councilmen are in favor of it. And there is no problem with zoning there also. We just need to keep letting the Planning board and the City Council know how many people are in favor of it. I think it will happen if we keep voicing our opinion on it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom