• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Does anyone still use old school gun racks in their trucks? Also are there newer safer ways for carrying long guns in vehicles?

smittygj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2010
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Not anymore. It advertises "Take Me" and people break in and take them. When I was a kid in Texas, it was not uncommon for high school kids to go to school in their truck with a gun in the gun rack in the back window of the truck and nobody thought anything of it. You won't see that today...

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Not anymore. It advertises "Take Me" and people break in and take them. When I was a kid in Texas, it was not uncommon for high school kids to go to school in their truck with a gun in the gun rack in the back window of the truck and nobody thought anything of it. You won't see that today...
    Yeah I can see that. I was just curious if they still made anything or not. Was just seeing if any members would have any insight.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    I use an over the front seat system it's cloth with loops for two guns and a pocket above on each side. It works, but it's better with only 1 gun in it. I drive a Tacoma, so it might be better with a full size truck. During hunting season 2 AR's is a little cramped. It does better with guns without a pistol grip. Guns are somewhat hidden due to be being low and behind the front seat.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    F371.jpg

Trevelayan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    Putnam Co.
    I haven't seen a gun rack in a truck in probably 7-10 years, and I live out in the sticks where they used to be common. I'm guessing people figured out their stuff was more likely to get stolen.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    ..........and , You could leave it unlocked with the windows down.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Single thickness rear cab panels, frame-less windows, Super cabs, thieves, and gun haters lead to the demise of the old standby gun racks. Have to get inventive and conceal today.

Top Bottom