• ...and so much more!
  • cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    This is my latest letter to the Indy Star,
    Let me know what you think and of course feel free to forward is if you feel it is worthy.
    If not HEH

Gun laws and freedom of thought.

In WWII Isoroku Yamamoto Commander in chief of the Japanese navy said "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

On 2 August 1946, some Americans, brutalized by their county government, used armed force to overturn it. These Americans wanted honest, open elections. For years they had asked for state or Federal election monitors to prevent vote fraud -- forged ballots, secret ballot counts, and intimidation by armed sheriff's deputies -- by the local political boss. They got no help.
    These Americans' absolute refusal to knuckle-under had been hardened by service in World War II. Having fought to free other countries from murderous regimes, they rejected vicious abuse by their county government. These Americans had a choice. Their state's Constitution - Article 1, Section 26 - recorded their right to keep and bear arms for the common defense. Few "gun control" laws had been enacted.
    In the 1950’s you could buy a surplus M1 from the government for $16.00 and they would mail it to you with the instruction manual and a small amount of ammunition.

All this yet there was a very low murder rate in most of the country and nearly no gun control laws. No one in the early history of this country seriously proposed banning weapons. They were often necessary to survival. What they did do was hang criminals.

Gun control laws appeared after individuals started to ignore the law and use guns in the process of breaking the law. A first sign that we as a people are willing to place blame on the instrument not the criminal.

Today we have volumes of gun control laws and an incomprehensible number of guns on the street and nothing has changed. When some bad guy decides to use guns to kill one or more people all we can talk about is better gun control.

There are enough guns on the streets of this country today to fight several wars and all the gun laws in the world can not change that. Instead or trying to control the sales of guns, ammo and gear to legal, honest citizens how about a new and novel approach. Let’s try teaching our kids to be responsible adults and to take responsibility for their actions.

We dress our little girls like tramps and then wonder why they show up pregnant.
    We dress our boys like thugs and wonder why they grow up to be irresponsible.
    We allow our kids to think the world revolves around them and getting what they want at the moment is all important.
    We allow kids to play video games that make thugs into idols and feature the beatings of who’s and killing of cops.
    If kids are failing in school we blame the school, not the kid who won’t study or the parent who doesn’t nurture and discipline the child.
    And yes of course when James Holmes shoots 60 some people we blame the guns,the emergency door that was left unlocked and un alarmed, the theater management, the unarmed victims setting in the theater or the movie itself.

NO only one thing killed and wounded all those people James Holmes.

Controlling the ownership of guns and ammo by honest people is not only foolish but also impossible. The old adage that ‘when guns are outlaws only outlaws will have guns” is true on multilple levels. Criminals by definition don’t obey the law and many gun owners will become criminals if anyone tries to ban our guns.

Remember the lessons of the American Revolution and the Battle of Athens, if government gets too out of hand the people have the right and responsibility to correct that situation.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Remember the lessons of the American Revolution and the Battle of Athens, if government gets too out of hand the people have the right and responsibility to correct that situation.

I did not take the time to proof read (plesae do so before submitting :) )

but the above portion is my favorite part :yesway:

charles.wolff

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I agree with your post wholeheartedly. Whenever I see a crime reported on TV and they are interviewing random people they act surprised that there was a crime committed. The parents of the thugs talk about how good their kid was and that they did not deserve to die. All others talk like all criminals are imported and all I can think is, they are "YOUR" children that are growing up to commit these crimes.

Raise your children right with values and ethics and maybe, just maybe crime will go down. However, until then, I will arm myself against your heathen, uneducated and worthless offspring that are committing crimes and taking peoples lives as they do not value their own because they have had no role model for doing so and think everyone else owes them something.

:twocents:

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    383   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    The Second Amendment is written about this...

"Remember the lessons of the American Revolution and the Battle of Athens, if government gets too out of hand the people have the right and responsibility to correct that situation."

^^^THIS is what the Second Amendment is about--It's NOT about DUCK HUNTING!!!

Top Bottom