• Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Demand for firearms may be below 2019 for a single month, but the firearms industry as a whole is still busier than it was in 2019. Things have definitely slowed down from the full blown panic we had, but they are still WAY busier than they were during the Trump slump.

For me, it looks like June will be better than May was. Of course, I don't sell firearms.

I think people aren't buying as many guns because they are stocking up on high capacity magazines. Distributors are currently selling out of magazines at an alarming rate.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    Hopefully it brings prices back down to reasonable levels, supply and demand and all that. The same forces that worked in the suppliers' favor a year or so ago are now swinging back to benefit the consumer. I've managed to find some decent deals lately, and have been doing my part to support the industry.

The other element that could be impacting demand is the cost and availability of ammo. Loaded ammo is reappearing on the shelves, but the prices are still pretty stupid, and selection is limited. And as a reloader, don't get me started on the primer situation. People are only going to keep buying guns that they can't feed, or can't afford to feed, for so long. The whole market needs to stabilize and build some confidence in the consumer that it can stay that way before things will really level out.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    That's sort of true everywhere, shops are always slower during the summer.
    Look the only other state that my dad bought a gun in was Mississippi, where it is never cold, for Flight Instrument School while JFK was President and my dad could not understand why there were "12 year old boys running around in different uniforms". He bought a S&W M10 for mom as a present while they were dating.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I'm going to disagree with him on just one item, the gun sales since Uvalde.

I work part time, a couple nights a week, and we sold out of Andersen lowers, and have sold out of about half of our AR models since then. Also, "lots" of ARs coming in from online sales. A definite run on ARs in our store. And AR mags.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I'm going to disagree with him on just one item, the gun sales since Uvalde.

I work part time, a couple nights a week, and we sold out of Andersen lowers, and have sold out of about half of our AR models since then. Also, "lots" of ARs coming in from online sales. A definite run on ARs in our store. And AR mags.
    That's just typical gun people over reaction as usual.

Top Bottom