• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I am not a lawyer, but I have run a business or two. I believe melensdad is correct. If you sign an agreement, as a condition of your employment and don't follow through with what is stated, you are effectively terminating your employment. You can call it quitting or legitimate termination by the company. It doesn't really matter, you still won't collect unemployment.

Ford Truck

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Franklin Twp., DeKalb County, Ind.
    I would say the same thing to my employer that I would say to a police officer after I unlocked the vehicle and closed the unlocked door," I am not resisting and I am not consenting to the illegal search of my property", and they could do as they pleased. Afterwards, if I didn't like the outcome, I'd have a visit with my lawyer.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I've done over 2000 unemployment appeal cases. Unemployment compensation has absolutely zero to do with the NLRB. Nada.

hunter480

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Coatesville, In.
    I'm not sure consent to search my personal private property (my vehicle) constitutes a reasonable request. I really wish the parking lot law had been passed. This would have been a much easier issue.

What you said........ and I`ve been told the "parking lot bill" will be back. Haven`t seen it so far; last time I asked there was an awful lot of, "...well, he said,.....and they were supposed to.......

We`ll see.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    That bill was sponsored by Sen Jeff Drozda last term, so it will need a new sponsor this time around, as he's moved out of state. I was following it and Sen. Nugent's bills fairly closely, and this one didn't get a hearing in committee. I was told most of it had to do with the short session and property tax reform.

What I have yet to get an answer to is why the employer's property rights (the parking lot) trump your private property rights (your car)and right to defend your life en route to and from his property. Just because your property is located on his property does not make it his, and if an employer can ban guns in your locked car, can the employer also ban political materials, your Bible, etc. from being in your locked car in his parking lot?

Blessings,
    B

Top Bottom