• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmokingTrigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2023
    Hancock County
    I was reading James Yeager's book The Four Pillars of Fighting that was recently published. It is a great read of what I'd call the Warrior Mindset and overall the mindset I believe you should have in life whether or not you even carry a firearm. The book can be read in an afternoon as well.

Well anyway here is what he said in the book about Gun Culture VS Gun Community

"Gun community is a bunch of politically correct mommas boys who worry about appealing to their liberal Democrat masters. They are the Tories, they only have a gun at the mercy of the King.

The gun culture is unapologetic. We don't care if we hurt people's feelings because our rights are more important than any particular persons feelings. The gun community is a bunch of people that will stand in line, like they did after Sandy Hook, they will stand in line to register their guns while they wear a DTOM hat or Molon Labe shirt. They are cosplayers. They are not real. They are not dedicated to the country or their culture."

The accuracy in this quote is spot on. Look at all the people lining up to register AR pistols for a free tax stamp and all the questions regarding what's going to happen when this ruling is thrown out. But in the meantime you've voluntarily registered your guns. I'm sure they'll delete all that info that is no longer needed though right?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I was reading James Yeager's book The Four Pillars of Fighting that was recently published. It is a great read of what I'd call the Warrior Mindset and overall the mindset I believe you should have in life whether or not you even carry a firearm. The book can be read in an afternoon as well.

Well anyway here is what he said in the book about Gun Culture VS Gun Community

"Gun community is a bunch of politically correct mommas boys who worry about appealing to their liberal Democrat masters. They are the Tories, they only have a gun at the mercy of the King.

The gun culture is unapologetic. We don't care if we hurt people's feelings because our rights are more important than any particular persons feelings. The gun community is a bunch of people that will stand in line, like they did after Sandy Hook, they will stand in line to register their guns while they wear a DTOM hat or Molon Labe shirt. They are cosplayers. They are not real. They are not dedicated to the country or their culture."

The accuracy in this quote is spot on. Look at all the people lining up to register AR pistols for a free tax stamp and all the questions regarding what's going to happen when this ruling is thrown out. But in the meantime you've voluntarily registered your guns. I'm sure they'll delete all that info that is no longer needed though right?
    "Preachin' to the choir..."

SmokingTrigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2023
    Hancock County
    I’m not saying those two groups exist, they do. I’ve always used the terms interchangeably. I use the terms Fudds and butters for what he’s calling the community.
    I had never heard the term community VS culture before, but I've certainly heard the term Fudd. Unfortunately it doesn't matter where we are. Internet forum or even in person in a gun store. There are fudds among our ranks. Several who have filed for the free tax stamp have exposed themselves and would be the first to turn in guns in a confiscafion. I'm still going with its a trap.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    My quote goes like this; I am Pro Second Amendment, which is followed by BUT
    I too have heard that many times. Many people ask me how second amendment I am. My reply that my second amendment rights end with what I can’t afford, not what some so-called American politician tells me. If I could afford an A10 Warthog there would be one at a local airport with my name on its side. I usually don’t hear much after that statement.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    I too have heard that many times. Many people ask me how second amendment I am. My reply that my second amendment rights end with what I can’t afford, not what some so-called American politician tells me. If I could afford an A10 Warthog there would be one at a local airport with my name on its side. I usually don’t hear much after that statement.
    Well, it just so happens that my friend, Mr. Haney, has a fine example of a Warthog that he could part with today for the low, low price of $50 U.S.

Course he didn't say nothin' 'bout flyin', but if pigs can do it........ :dunno:

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Never was a big fan of Yeager. He often made good points, but the personality rubbed me the wrong way. I felt some of his actions did more to harm gunowners image than to help.
    That said, if we look past the vernacular he chose here, he offers a valid, and obvious, example.
    Culture/community are interchangeable to me, but the fudds are what we all must be wary of. The gunowner who is ok with you having to give up your guns, because he's convinced he'll be able to keep his, 'cause he owns the "right" guns for the "right" reasons.
    Anyone who isn't repulsed by any infringement on liberty, especially 2A freedoms, is not to be trusted.
    They act like saboteurs, ready to sacrifice your rights on the political altar, as they undercut the united front of gunowners who wish to defend ALL their constitutionally guaranteed liberties.

SmokingTrigger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2023
    Hancock County
    I've never been a fan of name calling. It divides us.

How's the divided gun owner thing working?

I'm not worried about hurting others feelings. If someone needs called out I'll call them out. Whether that's for being a Fudd or a politician who it's hard to tell which side they're fighting for.

The division is what hurts us and some need called out.
    "I don't have x type of weapon so I don't care". Then they come for the next thing. Then the next. I don't care what it is. We can't give an inch.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Calling people out, no problem.
    Dividing people, not a problem if they do more harm than good.
    Using the wrong word to describe what he’s trying to explain, makes him look like a novice wordsmith.
    He can’t just redefine the word community because he wants to get a rise out of people.

We know there are all different levels of adherents.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm not worried about hurting others feelings...

Educate not isolate. We need to bring all gun owners in, not shove them away. We are losing ground because of this.

Go ahead and call names, run our own away from supporting 2A at all, because they were insulted by your superiority and rudeness. :n00b:

Ten years ago, limiting magazine capacity was a joke. This year, it becomes law in our neighboring state. Discussion of banning and making weapons illegal is a common liberal bragging point. Years ago, approaching election season, this would have been unheard of.

We are not winning.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I think the late James Yeager hit the nail on the head again.
    Register your pistols if you want. I think its a bitch move because you're sucking the feds off.
    This **** will NEVER hold up in court and they know it. They played you and I bet your stamp will be worthless in the end and you'll have to either pay 200 or put the brace back on it.
    If not, you still registered your legal pistol.

Top Bottom