• gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    It never hurts to dream I guess.
    I'm going to go ahead and buy some at the current $0.26/round and then when/if it drops to $0.20, I'll buy again.

Dollar cost averaging and all that, lol.

I would like to keep increasing my stocks but it's hard to do so when you expend a 100 or so rounds every weekend, but don't buy any.

I figure if I can buy 1K a month for awhile, I should be able to grow my inventory some.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Honestly yep, my promotion a few months back put us in a place to be able to afford a mortgage for a house we want hopefully next year (either house prices drop or interest rates do). I picked up a Browning 725 Maple to celebrate and now we are saving pennies for a house. Now that being said sporting clays will be occupying my free time for the summer. All my needs and wants are covered IMHO by my current inventory.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Looking good!
    And like a lot of fun.
    Think how many guns that could tote around. Don’t be selling!
    It's coming along. One of the main reasons I wanted it was to be able to haul guns and gear around the state for training classes. It will likely und up with some type of plywood drawer system that I can use for camp gear and gun stuff.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    No hold but just done. I have guns that virtually never leave my safe so I have everything I want.

I'm still a few years away from retirement but am adjusting to that eventual reality of living on considerably less income than what I'm enjoying currently.

I'm actually thinking that shooting may not be an activity I can afford in retirement. But for now, I shoot and will start buying ammo here soon as long as the prices keep coming down.

Come on 9MM, come down to $0.20/round! :)
    Just follow the @doddg retirement plan and you'll be at the range every week!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    House will be paid off in less than 2 years so no new guns until then. Just thinning the herd down to tactical levels and similar if not same platforms.
    Paid off house less than 10 yrs. before retirement.
    Getting the house paid off was a huge deal & one of the turning points for actually having discretionary income.
    Always had cars paid off most of the time & had no debt for anything else.
    Medical expenses kept us "poor" most of the time; the wife & I are both high maintenance medically, haha!

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2022
    Indianapolis
    I own several firearms, several thousand rounds of ammunition, and have the training to put up a good show of protecting what is mine. If the world goes south, and you come, armed or not, to take what is mine, I'll will do my utmost to make sure you never bother anyone else, ever. If the world goes south, and you come explaining that you are cold, hungry or both, I will shelter you, and I will feed you. The 'world' is not the problem. 'People' are the problem. Eliminate the bad ones, the rest of us will be better off.
    You are an intelligent person to have as much ammunition as you do. I would not say that I am lacking however i would feel much more confident if I were able to bolster my stockpile.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    Until I get into 5-figure ammo numbers of the calibers I shoot, I will feel like I'm lacking in ammunition.
    Imagine the weight! Found a chart online showing the weight per 100 rounds for popular calibers. Assuming the calibers you shoot are the most popular, and assuming you stopped at exactly 10,000 rds of each... 9mm (210 lbs), 38sp (225), 45acp (330), 22LR (75), 223/556 (195), 308 (350), and 12ga (750), you'd have more than 2100 lbs of ammo. Better reinforce those floor boards, and your back!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Imagine the weight! Found a chart online showing the weight per 100 rounds for popular calibers. Assuming the calibers you shoot are the most popular, and assuming you stopped at exactly 10,000 rds of each... 9mm (210 lbs), 38sp (225), 45acp (330), 22LR (75), 223/556 (195), 308 (350), and 12ga (750), you'd have more than 2100 lbs of ammo. Better reinforce those floor boards, and your back!
    9mm and .22 here. 9mm at 210 lbs being the heavy one not strain the shelving I built in my basement where I keep the stuff. But if I had all 2100 lbs that might be a different story, lol.

I do have a .38 but I'm not concerned about amassing a lot of that caliber. I don't shoot them hardly at all.

This is interesting though. Thanks for posting it!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The patrol is just a tactical version of the 300 Ultima that was released last year so it's already been beta tested by thousands of others in duck marshes and hunting fields. I love mine, its a hell of a shotgun. I'm unsure about the patrol though. It kind of depends on the street price for me because the MSRP is close enough to the 1301 to make me think of just ponying up the extra $150 or so.
    Yeah, I get that it's just basically new furniture on the 300 platform. A few "tactical" doo-dads (oversized charging handle, oversized bolt release button, chamfered loading port, etc). BUT - it's still a new platform in this guise. I'm still wary of being a beta-tester.

MSRP on the Patrol is supposedly around $800. MSRP on a 1301 Tac is like $1200-1300. Up to $1500 or so if you get a slicked up LTT version (which, to be honest, is the one that I *really* want).

Not sure if LTT will do an 300 Patrol version or not; i figure that may cut into his 1301 business.

anyhow, I suspect about a $300+ price difference.

And since I'm sure I'll never shoot it anyhow, I may as well buy the cheap one. *sigh*

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Until I get into 5-figure ammo numbers of the calibers I shoot, I will feel like I'm lacking in ammunition.
    Fortunately, I had the 5-figure ammo numbers you speak of before Covid, mostly 22LR with several boxes of 38 sp & 9mm.
    I still didn't want to shoot through it & bought air guns & 20K rounds of pellets at 1 cent each (estate sale), haha!
    In fact, car is packed for the range today with 4 spring-powered air pistols.

For the first time since Covid started, I broke down yesterday & bought some 22LR since it was
    6 cents/rd with free shipping.
    Zachcz had sent me a Palmetto ammo ad for bricks of Federal AutoMatch for $20 each. :thumbsup:
    I bought 10 bricks for $20/ea. :rockwoot:

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Yeah, I get that it's just basically new furniture on the 300 platform. A few "tactical" doo-dads (oversized charging handle, oversized bolt release button, chamfered loading port, etc). BUT - it's still a new platform in this guise. I'm still wary of being a beta-tester.

MSRP on the Patrol is supposedly around $800. MSRP on a 1301 Tac is like $1200-1300. Up to $1500 or so if you get a slicked up LTT version (which, to be honest, is the one that I *really* want).

Not sure if LTT will do an 300 Patrol version or not; i figure that may cut into his 1301 business.

anyhow, I suspect about a $300+ price difference.

And since I'm sure I'll never shoot it anyhow, I may as well buy the cheap one. *sigh*
    Actually the version I have already has the oversized charging handle and bolt release, both of which are welcome features on a duck gun. I get the wariness with new products though. I have a lot less concern for the Patrol though do to having some experience with the 300 already and the operating system actually being an older, more tried and true system than that of the 1301.

I saw an MSRP of $1150 on the patrol but I didn't compare that too the current model 300 which is selling for around an $850 street price. If the Patrol is actually under $1000 that makes a lot more sense. Especially if they drop the tiger stripe and release an OD Green version. A LTT enhanced Patrol would probably sell like crazy.

Top Bottom