• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wagswook

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Hey all,

It has been said that a good gun belt will make all of the difference when carrying. All I can say is I hope so, since carrying a full size 1911 either in my Blackhawk CQC Serpa holster or my soon to arrive UBG Canute IWB holster can really weigh down my regular 1.25" standard leather belt.

So here's my question. Not wanting to wait 4-6 weeks for a belt, I was looking at Don Hume 1.75 Belt (like 55.00). Does anyone have one of these? It says it's for the big guns, but I was also looking at the 1.75" ones for 35.00 and wondered what the difference was and if it would work...

In short, I am looking for an inexpensive gun belt that will work.. I understand you get what you pay for, but am just curious if there is an inexpensive gem out there that I am unaware of.

Thanks!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    For the money, you can't beat the Wilderness, the 5 stitch is my preference, but the Shooter's model will give added support. The standard belt is also strong enough to support all your "Bat Belt" essentials. I dislike the frequent flyer model, as I personally don't think it lends enough support with a full size defensive firearm, and spare ammo.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    For inexpensive but works very well, go with cwood's 5.11 belt. I have one and love it.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Belt shopping and I don't get along well. If I'm wearing jeans or something, great, I wear a last-ditch repelling belt that holds a full load with ease (heck, it's held ME a couple times) but for those "dressy" situations, it just doesn't do. I've got a couple leather belts, but I look kinda like Doc Holiday from "Tombstone" with the similar facial hair..

I've been thinking about a liger belt once funds will allow for it.. but I keep seeing other stuff I'd rather have!

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    I have the UBG 1.5" belt and it is my favorite. I also have a 1.75 DeSantis but it is not as stiff as the narrower UBG. I carry a High Power w/ 15 round mag, so mine is about the asme weight as a 1911. The UBG is the way to go! It is nearly 1/4" thick. Double thickness leather + double stiching makes for a top flight product. Second best is a 5.11 or Wilderness Instructor belt with lots of stiching and/or the optional stiff liner. The cheaper belts, even though wider, are just not as good as supporting the weight as the UBG. Did I say I like my UBG! His holsters rock too. Got one of his holsters for my CZ-97B. Now there's a heavy gun but the UBG belt and holster make it go away. Buy the UBG and wait if you have to, it will be worth it.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I have two from The Beltman and they are great. Ordered a brown on a year ago, liked it so much that I decided I needed a black one for dressier occasions and just got it in. They are not cheap belts in any way. Quality that will last a long time.

I carry a lot in a Don Hume OWB with a XD45C and these belts support the gun and keep the holster in place.

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    I have two from The Beltman and they are great. Ordered a brown on a year ago, liked it so much that I decided I needed a black one for dressier occasions and just got it in. They are not cheap belts in any way. Quality that will last a long time.

I carry a lot in a Don Hume OWB with a XD45C and these belts support the gun and keep the holster in place.

+1

I wear a Beltman 1.5" Bullhide daily, and it's a very high quality belt. They're not cheap, but they will last.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    :+1: for Beltman belts. I have a couple 1.25" ones (although I want a 1.5"). I particularly like that I can get plain dress belts from them that aren't tooled or have a giant gold buckle. I'm not a cowboy and I don't want to dress like one.

The ONLY problem I've had with belts from them is that the brass screws have worked their way out once or twice. A drop of loctite fixes it, but I shouldn't have to worry about it.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Hey Scutter01, no reason to be picking on us Cowboys. I have to check the Chicago screws from time to time also but I am used to doing that on my horse tack so it just comes natural to check tightness.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    +1 for The Beltman

lovemywoods has a black and brown 1.5" and I've borrowed them before. Excellent quality. A bit salty on the price for me personally.

Top Bottom