• ...and so much more!
  • mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    The year was 1975. I had saved up my lawn mowing money, and it was the big day. Rode my bike down to the Ben Franklin five and dime Store. Plop down my $60 on the counter, and the man handed me my first new rifle, a Glenfield model 75c, same as a Marlin Model 60. Grabbed it up, hopped on my bike and rode home, on top of the world for a 14-year-old.

My brother still runs that rifle down in the Alabama Piney Woods, for squirrel and varmint and such. He won't give it back. It was worth every penny!

Last edited:

66chevelle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    greenfield
    The year was 1975. I had saved up my lawn mowing money, and it was the big day. Rode my bike down to the Ben Franklin five and dime Store. Plop down my $60 on the counter, and the man handed me my first new rifle, a Glenfield model 75c, same as a Marlin Model 60. Grabbed it up, hopped on my bike and rode home, on top of the world for a 14-year-old.

My brother still runs that rifle down in the Alabama Piney Woods, for squirrel and varmint and such. He won't give it back. It was worth every penny!

These are the best stories. I have my grandpas last new gun he ever bought. A Remington sportsman 48. He carried it so much he rubbed the checking off the stock. We have pictures of him in the 60’s with it and all the rabbits and quail he killed on a great one day hunt. It’s the gun I used to kill my first rabbit also. that I will have the gun till I die. Then it goes to my one of my boys. They all know if anything happens to it I will haunt them forever.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We had a Gibson’s close to use growing up. I think it was much later than 1972 (had to be) but I think my brother bought me one of those Nylon 66’s from Gibson’s as a gift. I still have it.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    On the back page of some Gun Magazines. were surplus rifles and handguns. Priced like that ad, deliver to your Post Office box. Like others have said, cheap by todays prices. I recall Webleys, Mauser, P38'z, Govt 45's, Victory 38 spec(M10's), 1917 45ACP Revolvers, M! rifles, Doughboy WW1 helmets, German helmets, and so on. What a time to buy! LOL

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    1979 at local hardware store went in and ordered and paid for a Remington 770. You got to choose caliber and picked the 22/250 for groundhogs. $140. Guy 2 weeks later called my mom and said I couldn't pick it up becasue wasn't old enough and he knew that cause he knew I was still in school. But I just turned 18 in my senior year and mom had to tell him he was wrong. Got one of those little hand loader kits in the small box and had a blast with it. Sold to to a friend years later and he still has it. Think that same year or next, friend and I bought .30 M1 Carbine (Universal) from JC Penny in Wabash, something like $130.

Top Bottom