• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    I had a very peculiar thing happen to me today. Decided to secretly buy my wife the Charter Lavender Lady 38 she’s been wanting as an anniversary gift. So after I leave it for her to find in the house, I went to town and met with a good friend. After him listening to my woes of trying to squeeze more accuracy from my 10/22, he left. Then came back and gifted me this …
    38BD133C-FDAA-45E9-AD3D-4741261D2E9B.jpeg
    I’m thinking there is kind of a yin Yang thing going on here. Selflessly GIVE a gun, graciously be GIVEN one haha. Thinking I’m gonna start buying Mrs Squid more firearms and try my luck.

All joking aside (I really am thankful the Lord has given me so much)…… I have this wonderful Remington model 37 now and I’m sure I want to make some tiny groups with it, but unsure how.
    AB7E8A33-035C-4FA8-B2E9-FA3A92DFD5BC.jpeg
    The stock has been expertly configured to a wrong handed person.
    036CDF19-C344-4B38-BEF1-76E634503C7C.jpeg
    As a righty, I cannot operate this piece of machinery. Finding another stock so far has been a dead end. The cheek rest appears to be a separate piece, and possibly could be removed and switched but I suspect it’s a custom deal and don’t expect to find a right handed cheek rest. So either I learn to shoot it lefty (I’m willing to try) or I modify this stock somehow. What say you INGO?

My second predicament is mounting optics. This is the current set up.
    6995225D-998C-4EB9-8A62-E6ADE3B1A67E.png
    I’m aware there is at least one company making an adapter for this to pic rail, so I can at least mount modern optics. I’m not really willing to invest in a classic Unertyl scope for this. Still wondering what a smart choice for optics would be for this as I’m not wanting to dump a lot of money on it. Just want to enjoy some good 100 yard rimfire with it. Thanks for your inputs

Last edited:

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Just a guess because I’ve never looked one of these over in person, but I think if you remove the screw in the bottom and the screw in the butt plate, it would release the stock, you could definitely custom make a replacement if that is how you remove it.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Take it to a woodworker? I would think a band saw to remove the overhang on the left side of the rollover comb, followed by a palm sander to shape and smooth to final contour. Drill and tap the receiver for modern optics.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Ok here we go,
    A) nice rifle!
    B) that stock was cut up to convert from right to left, there are some really good stock makers around here.
    C) that rifle has a hand stop & blocks for irons, where are those? This was probably a "free rifle " or a prone gun. Find a set of Redfield Palma or international, learn to shoot thru the irons. Smallbore is a hoot!
    Shoot me a pm and I will round up some names of good stock makers around here

Aaron

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    Ok here we go,
    A) nice rifle!
    B) that stock was cut up to convert from right to left, there are some really good stock makers around here.
    C) that rifle has a hand stop & blocks for irons, where are those? This was probably a "free rifle " or a prone gun. Find a set of Redfield Palma or international, learn to shoot thru the irons. Smallbore is a hoot!
    Shoot me a pm and I will round up some names of good stock makers around here

Aaron
    Thank you! The rifle did not come with irons, As an update, last week I ordered a mount from EGW that attaches to the dovetail and let’s me use pic rail for modern optics.

I’ve spent a few snap cap sessions with the rifle learning left handed shooting and it’s coming along well. Really the only hard part is getting the left eye to take dominance when needed.

Once I get the rail and try my hand at actual left handed shooting I’ll decide what to do with the stock. Hopefully I won’t need to modify at all but will keep your offer as a back up. Thanks again.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    You can gift it to me...I shoot "wronghanded"......Sweet gun, very nice of your friend to give you that! I need more friends like that, or better yet, be that friend.... As a lefty shooter, shooting a right bolt gun, your right hand can work the bolt really quick, shooting from a rest, that is.....JMHO

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    As was stated up thread, the butt end of that stock will come off when you remove said fasteners. No need to modify that stock with as many resources for custom building a right handed stock here.

As a right handed shooter trying to shoot left handed, getting past the dominant eye issue is tough.

Top Bottom