• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kokomo1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    The prohibited list is quite long. Besides being misspelled, is anyone really carrying nunchucks for protection?

Grissom.jpg

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I could bring my 2 GSDs snd they can really take a bite out of crime but I'll just watch from my buddy's house while we shoot soda cans.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Growing up, my friends and I made and played with many nunchucks. (in CA - yes they were illegal)
    I still warn anyone that chooses them - Wear a helmet and a cup until you are a master.
    We all took turns on the floor in the fetal position.
    You will thank me later.

We made wood ones... metal ones.... PVC ones..... weighted and unweighted. Twine, cable, chain, bearings, non-bearings, etc... One friend made some out of 1 inch solid stainless rods. OMG! He kinda did it just to have them and boy did they look great. NOT being used, just hanging there, they looked great. He took them out once to break things... with a football helmet on.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Seems like they are not allowing you to bring ANYTHING to eat or drink other than what you can carry... (No coolers (except medical), camelbacks, bags, ect)

Can anyone confirm if we can bring a grocery sack of water and snacks?

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Good show, security was surprisingly light. Many people with "prohibited items" like umbrellas, large purses, military camo clothes (civilians), and a Papillon.

We brought two 1-liter water bottles in a CVS bag and the guard didn't care. Bring sunblock... my wife forgot to reapply, now she looks like a boiled lobster.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Good show, security was surprisingly light. Many people with "prohibited items" like umbrellas, large purses, military camo clothes (civilians), and a Papillon.

We brought two 1-liter water bottles in a CVS bag and the guard didn't care. Bring sunblock... my wife forgot to reapply, now she looks like a boiled lobster.

No metal detectors?

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    No metal detectors?

Yes. Stands and wands. We entered at around noon, they sent is through the walk-thru detectors but they didn't go off even though we were carrying a metal frame lawn chairs... must have been set for denser metals.

Top Bottom