• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Royal Coachmen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Noblesville
    Has anyone purchased one of these suppressors? I bought a new rifle last weekend (Daniel Defense DDM4 v11) from the guys at Buck Shot Sporting Goods in New Castle (thanks Kyle!). It's a sweet rifle and I have not had a chance to shoot it yet. From the reviews I have read the Recce 5 is the most (or one of the most) effective suppressors for a 5.56 at the 500-700 price point. Anyone have any other suggestions or comments on this suppressor or something similar?

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I may not say anything that helps you, but I went through the same thought process a few months back. I ended up buying the Recce 7 as a compromise because I wanted to be able to run it on my 7.62 guns as well. A number of head to head reviews I've read do give a slight edge to the 5 when shooting 5.56, but also say the 7 is only a wee bit louder. If I only end up with the one can then I think I'll be happy, but who knows, I could end up getting a dedicated 5.56 can at some point too. It's the same thought process I went through getting a can for my 9mm guns. I went with the Octane 45 instead of the 9 (I don't own any 45's)

menzzer37

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have one. Good can and I like the brakes a lot. I'll say this.. you can't break the taper to remove them if they are hot. Takes channel locks to remove even after it cools. The thread pitch is too fine IMHO for the taper angle they chose.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I am currently looking at adding this suppressor to my collection, does anyone have anything to add? Is the binding up when hot still an issue?

Also will i need to do anything to my AR to run this suppressor? I didn't know how much it effects the gas system. I will be running it on a 16 inch carbine.

HK Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I went through the same thing a while back and (not to confuse you more) I went with the Optimus which I can run on 308, 9mm and 5.56. Pretty much all of the GA stuff is topnotch, so you won't go wrong either way. I had it down to the Recce 7 and the Optimus and the Optimus won out. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the major manufacturer cans, a DB here or there isn't that big of a deal. What is a big deal is that the company will stay in business and support their products.

Just remember that rifle cans are still loud, just not as loud as a non suppressed gun.

Top Bottom