bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    From the article...

...Garrison said he was disturbed to read a newspaper article about a person who may have been drugged and raped in the county, but the prosecutor declined the case.

“You have to have good judgement in screening cases,” he said. “When tough crimes come along it’s not time to go back to your office and close the door. Sometimes what it is is you’ve got to be willing to take one for the team.”

Garrison described the current prosecutor’s office as “frayed at the edges and ineffective”, citing a newspaper article about a rape that wasn’t prosecuted.

“You’ve got to have the courage to step into the more complicated cases that come across a prosecutor’s desk,” he said.

Garrison said that a county with a booming population must have a prosecutor who is up to the task of keeping up.

“The crime gets spread further and into more pieces of the county as the population explodes.

Garrison said that despite his age, he is up to the task...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    When I heard of this on WIBC I was surprised. Buckingham is a GOPer and been in the position for a long time. I'm a little curious why Garrison would choose now to primary him. I'm not a county resident but from the outside looking in, it seems odd.

Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    When I heard of this on WIBC I was surprised. Buckingham is a GOPer and been in the position for a long time. I'm a little curious why Garrison would choose now to primary him. I'm not a county resident but from the outside looking in, it seems odd.

The only insight I can offer is that the police in this (Hamilton) county are absolutely fed up with Buckingham's office.

They are real proud of their conviction rate. Unfortunately, it is because they will plea ANYTHING to avoid going to trial. And then offer no recommendation on sentencing when the judge accepts the plea.

On top of that is the decining of charges, like in the above statement by Garrison. It happens incredibly frequently.

He needs to go, if for no other reason than to turn the office upside down.

If you get sentenced to real jail in Hamilton county, you've likely already had three or four mulligans from the prosecutor and the court.

Top Bottom