• ...and so much more!
  • BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    This weekend 3-13 and 3-14. I don't expect I'll find much to drag home. Then again the atmosphere and delightful personalities are worth the $5. Always on the look out for retro AR parts and the obscure.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Looking forward to reports... Doubt I'll go but still would be interested in hearing what's there. I've just never had much luck at this show in the past, but I've not been when it's been in two buildings before.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Crazy prices. Just crazy. Multiple vendors are selling 9mm FMJ at $1.25+ per round. It did not seem many folks were buying, though. Lots of traffic, but few carrying merchandise out the door.

Might just be the time I was there, but this is what I saw.

Warrior

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Prices have gone up for sure. I observed, but didn't purchase, .380 reloads for $70.00 for a box of 50. That was the most mind blowing thing I saw. The $1500.00 bone stock Ruger AR-556 was out there as well. I understand scarcity of supply, but wow!

jmdavis984

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Greenfield
    There was only one vendor there with any handguns to speak of. His prices seemed fair. I hope it was worth his trip.

9mm is now pricing higher than 5.56. That's awesome. There might have been some decent prices on 22LR, but I got tired of looking at price tags. Basically, if you sold 1 box of ammo that you bought at pre-Biden prices, you covered the cost of your vendor table.

I saw several vendors selling AR's with right-side reciprocating charging handles. One of them was putting a pretty cool "hammer forged" powder-coat on their AR's that looked amazing. Other than that, nothing of note IMO. It was a pretty big show for Greenfield though. LOTS of foot traffic and vendors, not much buying.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    It was two buildings like the last one but as others said prices were high and I didn't see much buying going on but I doubt the vendors will get the hint. There was some egregious pricing, 80.00 for a box of Norma .357 target loads and a Kel-Tec KS7 for 1100.00 lol. Raggedy AK's were all over 1K too. A lot of those ammo vendors are the same ones that have been trudging the same ammo there for years. You can tell they are not newly purchased boxes at 'pandemic' prices, the boxes are old and worn, lower the price a bit and actually make some money vs. trying to gouge and have them just sit there on display. In the end I went over to Highsmiths and got some .38 at a good price considering. I did see a pretty nice Winchester 94 in the first building for a good price, I haven't seen a decent lever in awhile but I just got one so I passed on it.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Attendance was definitely off from last show. Bought nothing, but still it was educational.
    Only retro parts I saw was an AR type "B" or "C" stock with a newish buffer and ratty handguards with broken teeth for $155. That was easy to pass up. We may have hit peak pricing.

DD, they open at 9am. Mind the time change.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    It was two buildings like the last one but as others said prices were high and I didn't see much buying going on but I doubt the vendors will get the hint. There was some egregious pricing, 80.00 for a box of Norma .357 target loads and a Kel-Tec KS7 for 1100.00 lol. Raggedy AK's were all over 1K too. A lot of those ammo vendors are the same ones that have been trudging the same ammo there for years. You can tell they are not newly purchased boxes at 'pandemic' prices, the boxes are old and worn, lower the price a bit and actually make some money vs. trying to gouge and have them just sit there on display. In the end I went over to Highsmiths and got some .38 at a good price considering. I did see a pretty nice Winchester 94 in the first building for a good price, I haven't seen a decent lever in awhile but I just got one so I passed on it.
    A lot of the ammo you see on vendor tables that are "old and worn" boxes is ammo that vendors have recently purchased. I bought a bunch of .45 ACP from a guy walking around today for more than 3 times what I was selling it for 2 years ago because I can't keep it in stock. The boxes don't look pretty, but it will be gone within a week or 2. I'm seeing a LOT of older ammo coming out of the woodwork now that prices are higher. People are cleaning out their closets. Just because a box looks old, that doesn't mean that the vendor bought it years ago. I have been buying ammo that is older than I am.
    The people that are REALLY making a big profit are the attendees that bring ammo in to sell to dealers. These are the guys that have been sitting on this stuff for years.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    A lot of the ammo you see on vendor tables that are "old and worn" boxes is ammo that vendors have recently purchased. I bought a bunch of .45 ACP from a guy walking around today for more than 3 times what I was selling it for 2 years ago because I can't keep it in stock. The boxes don't look pretty, but it will be gone within a week or 2. I'm seeing a LOT of older ammo coming out of the woodwork now that prices are higher. People are cleaning out their closets. Just because a box looks old, that doesn't mean that the vendor bought it years ago. I have been buying ammo that is older than I am.
    The people that are REALLY making a big profit are the attendees that bring ammo in to sell to dealers. These are the guys that have been sitting on this stuff for years.
    I figured you'd show up, whenever the words gun show and ammo are involved you come in to defend the prices lol. Let's be real those dealers there in Greenfield with three tables full of ammo didn't get all that from guys cleaning out their drawers. Plus i'm sure if somebody brings some ammo in to sell they're not offering them 50.00 for that old raggedy box of 30-06. If you're bringing your ammo in to sell to a dealer there you're already doing it wrong. If you're actually selling right now then I guess capitalism is working, the problem with the dealers at these shows is they tend to be pretty out of touch. Months after ammo prices and availability stabilizes you'll see these same dealers trying to get pandemic prices for their ammo and scratching their heads because it isn't selling, we saw the same thing after every event. Owning a store and working in real time with distributors you probably have a pretty good pulse on it though so the above is probably not you.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Stopped by the show this morning and it wasn't crowded at all. I didn't see much buying going on though. I did manage to sell an AR to one of the vendors for what I wanted for it, so I was happy, and I'm sure he'll turn a profit on it. One guy did have a few old Mausers that weren't too far out of line price-wise I didn't think, but there wasn't a lot of milsurp there.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Stopped by the show this morning and it wasn't crowded at all. I didn't see much buying going on though. I did manage to sell an AR to one of the vendors for what I wanted for it, so I was happy, and I'm sure he'll turn a profit on it. One guy did have a few old Mausers that weren't too far out of line price-wise I didn't think, but there wasn't a lot of milsurp there.

What kind of Mausers where they????.. COME On man get with the program.. Saying there was a couple of Mausers at a gun show is like saying they had a few cars at a car show.. The details count...

Glad you sold your rifle..

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    What kind of Mausers where they????.. COME On man get with the program.. Saying there was a couple of Mausers at a gun show is like saying they had a few cars at a car show.. The details count...

Glad you sold your rifle..
    He had a Chilean in 7.62x51, an FR-7, a Spanish in 7x57, and Czech and a Yugo. I think he only had like 475 on the Chilean and the others were higher. I think he had 600 on the FR-7. Czech and Yugo were around 500-ish I think. I wasn't paying close attention since I really wasn't in the market.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    He had a Chilean in 7.62x51, an FR-7, a Spanish in 7x57, and Czech and a Yugo. I think he only had like 475 on the Chilean and the others were higher. I think he had 600 on the FR-7. Czech and Yugo were around 500-ish I think. I wasn't paying close attention since I really wasn't in the market.

You had money in your pocket and you were not in the market for a Mauser...??? :(

Isn't that one of the signs of the end times...

I was going to ask what model or the crest that was on the Czech, but all considering I need to head to the store and get some canned goods..

Top Bottom