• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Bumped because there are a lot of new members who may want to save this link.

clelaj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indy - North
    Should not this study of the Constitution be part of our schools curriculum? And this fact based without political interpretation approach be used with each part of the Constitution? Need to get back to the foundation of our great country and people without the drift of scope and purpose caused by years of political interpretation for "the parties in power".

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The problem is, both sides of the political spectrum refuse to nominate, or are unable to get confirmed, judges that rule using originalism and original intent as their only guide.
    Reaching a conclusion any other way will inject a political agenda into the ruling.

A perfect Supreme Court Justice for me would be somebody who looking back over their record, there's no indication of what their personal political leanings were.
    They simply called it straight.

Yet the closest to this I ever saw in my lifetime was nominee for the supreme Court Robert Bork.
    And they shot him down because he was an originalist who ruled with reliance on original intent as his guide.
    Today the candidates are all schooled by the same indoctrination in the law schools and internships...

Top Bottom