• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And I replied to your statement. How many illegals are going to not walk away from an armed landowner? If they attack him he then has a right to fire at them. He has a right to force trespassers off his property one way or another. He does not have to call the police or sheriff office to force trespassers off his property. If he shoots one or more he will have to call law enforcement in,, but not until then. He is totally protected by Texas law.
    What’s stopping them now?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So you own a 700 acre ranch in Texas you have hundreds of illegals going #2 all over your property, and leaving trash all over it or where ever they trespassed. You don't think the you have a right to stop that? There is no spin it's called protection of your property.
    You guys are confusing several things. This isn’t private property we’re talking about. We’re talking about the state of Texas passing a law to build what amounts to a border wall along the southern border, but presumably on state land. You seem to be trying to morph that into a sort of private property rights issue. I don’t think this law is going to work out like you’re hoping.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You guys are confusing several things. This isn’t private property we’re talking about. We’re talking about the state of Texas passing a law to build what amounts to a border wall along the southern border, but presumably on state land. You seem to be trying to morph that into a sort of private property rights issue. I don’t think this law is going to work out like you’re hoping.
    He also said he would be arrested illegal aliens for trespassing. Which is huge change and a good way to get around Federal restrictions.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    What’s stopping them now?
    Nothing they have been some ranchers have hired people to keep them off their land. My BIL uncle owns a large ranch along the border and you should see some of the nasty pictures he has of what they do to his property. It's like a dump where they move through. Now that Governor Abbott is going to start arresting them for trespassing it should help him and others out tremendously.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    He also said he would be arrested illegal aliens for trespassing. Which is huge change and a good way to get around Federal restrictions.
    Trespassing? Well, a max is $2000 fine and 6 months in jail. The wall thing is retarded and would probably get tossed in court. But arresting illegals for trespassing could work as a deterrent. Democrats would still sue but it’s more likely that would be successfully defended as long as they arrest everyone so that a 14th amendment violation couldn’t be claimed.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This could take in both state and private property, neither of which fall under the purview of the Federal government.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This could take in both state and private property, neither of which fall under the purview of the Federal government.
    I inow what you’re saying. But that’s not how the courts have ruled. And, if it’s to control the US border, constitutionally that is the sole purview of the federal government.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I inow what you’re saying. But that’s not how the courts have ruled. And, if it’s to control the US border, constitutionally that is the sole purview of the federal government.
    But the border is only 60 feet wide at most. Beyond that it is Texas' land and so long as they don't interfere with federal crossing points and military reserves,
    it is theirs to manage as they see fit

You believe one thing, I another - we shall just have to wait for the courts to rule if Abbott follows through. I do not find your repetition of the same position, ad nauseam, in any way suasive

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    But the border is only 60 feet wide at most. Beyond that it is Texas' land and so long as they don't interfere with federal crossing points and military reserves,
    it is theirs to manage as they see fit

You believe one thing, I another - we shall just have to wait for the courts to rule if Abbott follows through. I do not find your repetition of the same position, ad nauseam, in any way suasive
    If it has the effect of controlling the border the courts will likely strike it down. If it doesn’t have the effect of controlling the border it’s a waste of your imagination fantasizing about it, and of course Texan taxpayers’ money.. You believe one thing. I think you’re wrong. And obviously I do not find your repetition of this fantasy in any way persuasive.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maybe its time to clean up the system with rope?
    I don’t necessarily blame the courts for that. States trying to find loopholes to do what is the sole constitutional responsibility of the should be stopped. But, there should also be a mechanism to make the federal government do its nob. It clearly is not. I think Texas and other border states should be able to sue the Fed over this.

I don’t see a legitimate claim that it’s out of passion. I think Democrats are just trying to import future votes. That doesn’t mean we get to suspend the constitution just because Democrats can’t lead.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If it has the effect of controlling the border the courts will likely strike it down. If it doesn’t have the effect of controlling the border it’s a waste of your imagination fantasizing about it, and of course Texan taxpayers’ money.. You believe one thing. I think you’re wrong. And obviously I do not find your repetition of this fantasy in any way persuasive.
    Nor do I find the repetition of yours in any way persuasive. If you are so certain you are right, why are you so intent on convincing others before any test is even made - especially when that test is possibly coming soon?

Did you consult friends from Texas? :@ya:

If Texas tries and is blocked by the courts, hopefully they will appeal to all levels available. If they ultimately lose, it will have cost them little. If they prevail it will be enormously beneficial. That cost benefit analysis is positive

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Nor do I find the repetition of yours in any way persuasive. If you are so certain you are right, why are you so intent on convincing others before any test is even made - especially when that test is possibly coming soon?

Did you consult friends from Texas? :@ya:

If Texas tries and is blocked by the courts, hopefully they will appeal to all levels available. If they ultimately lose, it will have cost them little. If they prevail it will be enormously beneficial. That cost benefit analysis is positive
    I’m not trying to convince you. You said something wrong on the internet. I’m just correcting you. :):

Top Bottom