• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    From the people who gave us Indiana's Liquor Laws, here's the IGA's latest hit!

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The MJ business is going to stay complex and you can bet there are well heeled law/lobby firms and consultants specializing in this working to keep it that way. I expect when it gets legalized on a federal level it will be regulated like tobacco with a "base" amount of acreage you can grow that is controlled. Hemp farming now gets a grower into the game early as when time comes to decide who get to grow MJ and how much land they can use I think the ATF will probably use existing acreages first before adding others or modifying them.

Regulations will be thick and complex like distilling whiskey and if you have good ground for growing MJ that you are already growing hemp on it's going to REALLY appreciate in value. I expect places like Starke county will become MJ boomtowns .

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There's a place growing hemp not far from me at a former greenhouse/nursery. Some is growing in the old greenhouses and some is right out in an open field. I first went there last year looking for a hanging basket (they were still selling flowers at the time) and happened to walk around a corner and through a doorway only to see a crap ton of pots with what I assume were hemp plants, 2-3' tall. Either that or they're growing pot and are pretty fearless! :):

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The whole debate over weed is the most pedantic and pathetic possible thing with everything else going on in this country.

Just legalize the nonsense, people are dealing with enough BS from the top down at this point they've earned at least being able to be stoned to survive these people.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Just say no to kicking doors and shooting the family dog over flowers.

The war on marijuana is immoral.

What free person would tolerate the government dictating what flowers they may grow in their garden?
    Completely immoral. Absolutely.

There are people who need the medicine for physical or for emotional ills and the almighty dollar machine says oh no you mustn't let a weed grow. It's an ancient medicine and you don't need the AMA to tell you about it. Nobody but crooks need a pack of paid for professional liars saying whether or not a person can raise something in their front yard that they can use for their well being if they want to.
    OK, I reckon you know where I stand even ignoring all the hemp related industries in farming and plastics and fiber and foods and health care that only need the crooks to get out of the way.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Completely immoral. Absolutely.

There are people who need the medicine for physical or for emotional ills and the almighty dollar machine says oh no you mustn't let a weed grow. It's an ancient medicine and you don't need the AMA to tell you about it. Nobody but crooks need a pack of paid for professional liars saying whether or not a person can raise something in their front yard that they can use for their well being if they want to.
    OK, I reckon you know where I stand even ignoring all the hemp related industries in farming and plastics and fiber and foods and health care that only need the crooks to get out of the way.

I think moralizing the issue is kind of pointless.

It's a practical matter. There's not room in prison for people smoking a weed they found in their back yard. We have far too many violent criminals to be worried about a plant.

It's about as silly as trying to stop an ocean liner from sinking by using a drinking glass to throw water overboard.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I disagree with the premise. Our government has divorced itself from right and wrong and the public has been brainwashed into accepting that as the status quo. Right and wrong are what our civilization is based upon or we do not have a civilization.

Flash-hider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    My issue with this is it's being promoted as the next be all end all crop for farmers to plant. Several guys in my area dove into this when Michigan signed off on planting hemp. A few are still attempting to make it work. For the others, some found out how good that contract they signed really was, others have sat on the processed product(oil) for 2+ years being promised it will move anytime now or sold for far less than they were anticipating just to get rid of it., some are waiting for all their money, and most found out it wasn't the big windfall they hoped for. Similar to what happened to Hops rush around here about 15 years ago.
    For those who are sticking it out, good for them. The THC issue will be resolved either through relaxing the THC number, or though genetics, or better cultural and management practices, or they may have to isolate their planting if they are getting cross contamination from nearby(within 2 miles)MJ plants but I also feel there are some who are pushing the envelope trying to get as much production as they can(can't blame them) and the 0.3% doesn't give them much room for error.
    The one thing that doesn't get much press is the vast majority of the Hemp based products in the U.S. are imported from Canada and Mexico. I would be weighing the pluses and minus's of raising the THC levels. You might be giving your competition a pot of gold.

Top Bottom