• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I tried sending a DM about moving FastFire within your price range wtburnette, but I got DM blocked. if that's something you're interested in HMU.

Buying/selling/trading is frowned upon on this forum unless you have over 50 posts, or if you become a site supporter. When you hit either of those, or both, the option to have more PM box space and the ability to post in the classifieds is opened up. Well worth it in my opinion. This site has great information and I've met a ton of great people that I now shoot with frequently.

here's what I'm trying now

out of stock now but someplace else might have it

https://www.natchezss.com/weaver-micro-red-dot-sight-4-moa-red-dot-matte.html

That might end up being a winner. Looks very similar to what I currently have. Problem is I think it's out of stock everywhere I've looked.

LazyAce

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Buying/selling/trading is frowned upon on this forum unless you have over 50 posts, or if you become a site supporter. When you hit either of those, or both, the option to have more PM box space and the ability to post in the classifieds is opened up. Well worth it in my opinion. This site has great information and I've met a ton of great people that I now shoot with frequently.

I know, I thought maybe you could DM me, but I'm finding out that's not an option either, I also don't want to push the community rules. Spending my day off surfing the forums, wishing I had fixed my login issues much sooner because the content/activity is crazy on here. I had so many issues with [password recovery/receive new PW/change new pw/new password wont work] that I kinda gave up.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I know, I thought maybe you could DM me, but I'm finding out that's not an option either, I also don't want to push the community rules. Spending my day off surfing the forums, wishing I had fixed my login issues much sooner because the content/activity is crazy on here. I had so many issues with [password recovery/receive new PW/change new pw/new password wont work] that I kinda gave up.

Sorry to hear about the issues, but glad to see you got them resolved. Welcome to the forum or at least welcome back. Yeah, most members here really value the system we have in place, though it causes some heartburn for some of the newer members. I like the feeling that there's less risk involved meeting someone who either has already bought/sold/traded from other members and had feeedback I can read, or whose posts I'm familiar enough with to accept the risk. No craigslist kinda feeling here... ;)

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    It’s over budget, but I’ve been running a Vortex Viper 6 MOA on my 22/45. It’s worked wonderfully on that pistol.

If you decide to wait, it worth looking into.

Beans&Bullets

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Terre Haute, IN
    Barska Red Dot

I run a Barska 1 x 30 Red Dot on my S&W M&P .22 Rifle. It works great, I'm not sure how well it would be on a pistol. I got it for like $39 shipped to the house from Amazon. I have easily shot 80 to 100 matches with this on my rifle with no issues. I carry the rifle in a nylon tactical bag and often just toss it on the ground, no problems. (Toss it on the ground when I RO and shoot at MCF&G because I have no where else to put it and I know it's not going to hurt my plastic rifle...lol)

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I understand the concept of buy once, cry once, but that's a lot of money for a cheap plinker. The low end Weaver I have on my Victory works just fine for me and I'm not planning to use this for competition or anything. Just static plinking at the range, possibly occasionally shooting steel at MCF&G. I was really hoping to keep the expense under $100.

JoeG1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2016
    Greenwood
    I put a Vortex Venom on my 22/45. I LOVE IT. I do think you can use something much cheaper and be very happy. The Mark IV 22/45 is quickly becoming one of my favorite pistols to shoot.

2-Alpha

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2018
    Indianapolis area
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/5...-30mm-5-moa-dot-with-weaver-style-mount-matte

I had one like this, except branded “BSA”, on my 22/45 for years and never had a problem with it or felt I needed anything better. It even repeated zero on/off so I could shoot irons too. The only reason I swapped it out was to lighten up the gun for my 10yo son. It now has a Weaver Micro Dot like you linked in the original post, and I’m not impressed. As soon as he can handle the weight I’ll put the 30mm back on.

Besides the Weaver being a bit tricky to zero, I find myself searching for the dot, which is usually off the tiny window. I’d guess a small tube like the TRS-25 would be better, since the tube would give some reference for lining it up, but unless size/weight is a factor I’d just save the money and go with the 30mm. Midway has a slightly different 30mm BSA for $30 as well.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    My favorite (and current) setup is a Leupold DPP with the triangle. It's big enough to pick up and shoot fast on steel. And it's a triangle, so if you zero it for the top of the triangle, you have a fine point for shooting accurately.

Big fan of the triangle. I probably won't own another standard circular dot after using.

Also, I'm impressed with the Leupold for designing something relatively thin that doesn't require the optic to be removed from the pistol to replace the battery. I absolutely hate red dots that have to be removed to replace the battery. That's immediately a deal breaker for me.

Reasonable prices on the DPP's too. I think I picked up my last one for $250 when they had a sale. It's duty grade, so it's buy once cry once with these.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I think that would be one I'd be interested in for a carry gun, but not sure I'd want to spend that much for plinking rimfire. I'll look into it though, thanks.

pmorriso

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    I have had great success with the Burris fast fire III on my Mk2. Battery life has been great and it is incredibly low profile with the correct mount. I know cost is normally a deal breaker for most folks, but you'd be surprised at how cheap one can be pick one up through INGO classifieds or Ebay.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    WT .... unti! recently (I just sold the gun), I've had the BSA noted above by 2-Alpha on my Ruger Charger. It's been stellar for four years. I bet that the Tasco branded one for $40 would be the same, and you can't beat the price ! :)

Top Bottom