• RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Thread cleanup on aisle 5.
    Just a reminder. Please refrain from making any racially based/biased comments on INGO. From the rules:

5) Religious and racially based threads of any nature are not allowed on INGunOwners.com.
    All Indiana Gun Owners should feel comfortable on this forum no matter their race, religion or color. Everyone is welcome here on INGO and should feel comfortable being associated with this site.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Overall a positive article. It is too bad that Rep. Lucas could not bring this journalist completely over to our side. Interesting they mentioned Sharon Watts. In contrast to my elected Representative, she does not participate in the debate with good logic. Instead her group demonizes gun owners using scare tactics. That is the only card they have left to play. Want to create a society with less gun violence? Stop giving criminals the attention/publicity they crave. Stop trying to paint gun ownership as socially unacceptable. Teach people gun safety.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Overall a positive article. It is too bad that Rep. Lucas could not bring this journalist completely over to our side. Interesting they mentioned Sharon Watts. In contrast to my elected Representative, she does not participate in the debate with good logic. Instead her group demonizes gun owners using scare tactics. That is the only card they have left to play. Want to create a society with less gun violence? Stop giving criminals the attention/publicity they crave. Stop trying to paint gun ownership as socially unacceptable. Teach people gun safety.

Oohhhhhh, there you go again trying to be logical with the uneducated, socially advantaged!

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I'd like to know who the "gun rights advocates" are who, according to Tim Swarens, "adopt a 'not my problem' " attitude toward urban gun violence. For all the urban dwellers I know, urban gun violence is the compelling reason for carrying a firearm in the first place. If we all lived in the "Subdivision of Eden" (because "Garden" is too rural-sounding), we wouldn't feel a need for carrying a firearm for protection, would we? Perhaps if folks were more used to seeing law-abiding citizens carrying firearms openly, they wouldn't throw a hissy-fit when they saw their neighbor open-carrying in the dairy aisle of their local Kroger store.

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    The very last paragraph of the article calls out legislators and "moms" to come up with something to reduce the violence. How about getting rid of government entitlements for able-bodied citizens and force them to get a job.

I am willing to bet if some of these offenders were too busy WORKING, they wouldn't be out on the streets killing each other....just a thought.

Top Bottom