• ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    What do you mean?
    Sorry, I was being a jerk. The days of the “good gun show” are gone I fear. Sometimes you can find deals but for the most part Gun shows are full of guys trying to sell used guns for more than you can buy a new one for and guys flipping ammo for double the price. Don’t forget all the flea market items and tons of Chinese AR parts. I still go to a few and try to find odd ball parts or ammo though. I must admit the last two 1500s I bought new pistols as cheap or cheaper than I could order them for. I also go for the entertainment purposes, always something to see.
    There is a show at Stout Field this weekend. It used to be my favorite show but it’s changed a lot. It was the first show I went to almost 40 years ago.

Thomas1969

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2022
    Noblesville
    Sorry, I was being a jerk. The days of the “good gun show” are gone I fear. Sometimes you can find deals but for the most part Gun shows are full of guys trying to sell used guns for more than you can buy a new one for and guys flipping ammo for double the price. Don’t forget all the flea market items and tons of Chinese AR parts. I still go to a few and try to find odd ball parts or ammo though. I must admit the last two 1500s I bought new pistols as cheap or cheaper than I could order them for. I also go for the entertainment purposes, always something to see.
    There is a show at Stout Field this weekend. It used to be my favorite show but it’s changed a lot. It was the first show I went to almost 40 years ago.
    Oh thats good to know. I haven’t heard of Stout Field.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    National Guard Armory off Holt Rd on Southside of Indy. Open Sunday 9-4 I think. Give it a go.
    Dang, I didn't know that was this weekend. And me here with DoggyMama out of town...

iu

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    I’m looking forward to attending a few shows out here just to see how they are. Back in Phoenix, they’d all turned in to beef jerky and cheap trinket shows. Sure, they had guns, but most were wildly overpriced, and they smelled like maybe 7/100 people had showered in the last week. Add in the cost ($20 for the show, another $10-15 to park), and I hadn’t been to one in years. Things any different out here?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I’m looking forward to attending a few shows out here just to see how they are. Back in Phoenix, they’d all turned in to beef jerky and cheap trinket shows. Sure, they had guns, but most were wildly overpriced, and they smelled like maybe 7/100 people had showered in the last week. Add in the cost ($20 for the show, another $10-15 to park), and I hadn’t been to one in years. Things any different out here?
    Stout Field is $6 (I think) entry and free parking. Hygiene is hit or miss. :): Probably better than the 1500 though.

Thomas1969

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2022
    Noblesville
    Yes the gun shows are better out here. The Indy Gun and Knife show is the largest east of the Mississippi River

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    nope, not much

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Well, I feel it boils down to me going a few times and deciding for myself, I guess. Nobody’s gonna know if it’s worth it to me, but me! :)
    Can't hurt to get in the pool. You might find that priceless gem. I've gotten lucky a few times but not very often.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    You're pretty well positioned. There are little Saturday only shows in both Plymouth and Rochester that are almost like the old days. Being one day shows the traveling sharks don't attend so any deals on the tables might still be there when they open the doors at 8AM. Relatively high percentage of guys just renting a table or two to move things along. Another show in your area that isn't too bad would be Elkhart. Free parking at all three and $4 gate at the first two,.....Elkhart is a few dollars more. Problem is that most shows die down the during the summer months and won't be starting up again until September/October.

Top Bottom