• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Patrons, Saints and Scholars of the knife world. I am looking for a new center line concealable carry knife. I am currently using a Cold Steel Spike. Want something not quite as obvious. This is my holy **** I am screwed back up.

I have thought of something more like the Ka-Bar TDI Last Ditch Knife.

This will be a blade I will be taking into harms way.
    Comments and suggestions please. Thanks.

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've been running a Shivworks clinch pick. I love the thing, especially if you have trained in any of the inverted or reverse edge methods out there.

The other one I’ve seen and heard some very hard guys running are one of the Mercworx, or Cold Steel push daggers. The cool thing about those is if you have developed punching strikes, you already have a built in delivery method. The only bad thing about both is the crap sheath they ship you, but that can be fixed by a couple of good sources.

The last popular option you already mentioned is the TDI. Also a good knife, but again, issues on the sheath.

Tinman….

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Some pictures showing the Tactical Tether.

One of my preferred ways to carry a fixed blade is with a Tactical Tether. Using the reverse edge and Keating's Draw Point I have not found anything faster. I would advise against carrying anything in the small of your back for fear of injury and having your arm trapped during deployment. Tools for dealing with people problems should be carried between the pocket seams to the front and support gear between the pocket seams to the rear.

17dec009.jpg

17dec010.jpg

17dec011.jpg

17dec012.jpg

Knife pictured is a Bodyguard from knife maker Al Polkowski

MODERN COMBATIVE SYSTEMS - Al Polkowski Bodyguard

mfrobert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Like Mercop I carry using a tactical tether, but I carry and Tom Krein TK-8 (class and functionality)

Matt

mfrobert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    I forgot to mention I wear an OTV Body Armor around. So it needs to fit under that comfortably.

Hey bro if your not dead set on center line carry, you could try one of mercops mercharnesses.....I've seen it carried on multiple armor platforms including my own and it seems to work quite well. Thats just my two cents

Matt

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'd still probably run a Mercworx, PD horizontal just to the support side of the belt buckle facing the strong side. In close, that is just a devistating platform to work from.

The other option in the same location would be a Ryan plan B. those seem to fit real well in that orientation. The nice thing about the ryan is that you can access with either hand, strong side forward grip, support side reverse grip. Check out in fight access kydex. He's got the package I am talking about.

Tinman....

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    Is this a dedicated fighting knife? Are you open to double edge? If those two are YES, then an AL MAR Fang. For me, carrying a single edge fighting knife is like carrying a pistol with the mag half loaded.

barricade

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    i wear my kershaw malitary boot knife horizontaly around waistline it pretty big but invisable under shirt, full manueverability, its top notch quality for decent price, slim profile, razer sharp, have dozens of carry options that are cool.

Top Bottom