• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gsxr219

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 6, 2020
    NWI
    With that budget, I'd shop around for a good upper and lower. To slap the two together would be no issue.

5.56 with 16" barrel
    Look for a stripped aero lower and add a good quality LPK. Add a BCM, geissele, ADM, etc upper of your favorite flavor.

Optics for around the house, in my opinion, a red dot like an eotech or holosun 510 is the fastest. I'm still deciding on my LPVO use with a 1-8.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    which functionality?
    I build DI guns. I don't shoot suppressed as I don't own a suppressor. If I was gonna use the rifle mainly suppressed w/ sub sonic ammo and supers for the range, I would consider a piston for the quick adjustability of the gas system. If your mainly gonna run super sonic ammo, stick with DI and tune it to your load with either an adjustable gas block or buffer weight, if needed. Most factory guns are over gassed, but you probably wouldn't need to tune the gas system unless the brass is ejecting straight out in front of you. I built a DI .300 for a guy and used an adjustable gas block. I then tuned it to where it ran subs and supers both. The gas block is difficult to adjust once the handgaurd is on though. You pretty much set it and forget it until your subs won't lock the bolt back on the last round.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    Any comments or experience with the Sig MCX rifles, other than expensive? Having no requirement for a buffer tube is interesting.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I can’t believe Kirk Freeman is the only one to show Centurion some love. I have a couple of his rifles. No issues with either. The 5.56 is probably the most accurate AR I have owned.
    1. Path of least resistance sells guns. If it is on the shelf, it will be sold. How many here go in a demand to see a Centurion? A handful?

2. Movies sell guns. In which movie is a Centurion featured?

3. Shill youtubers that shoot crap that blows up sell guns, just look at all them shooting melons or gel or junk. Garand Thumb has done how many Centurion Arms videos? Name the big YT channels that have featured Centurion, complete radio silence. IIRC Vickers did a couple of videos but that was years ago.

Bartocci does Centurion Arms videos but he is what 100K? The uber/high order gun nerds watch SAS and still they talk about the gosh darn rails.
    Type A+ individuals like Monty are slow on the PR trigger. While others know the value of aggressive marketing a la Glock (let me buy you a steak and go to a club and let's put my guns in your new cops & robber movie, Kirk Freeman retirement gig, Head of Sales, Centurion Arms). Type As are typically high order/high honor individuals who see this as low or even sleazy and are hesitate to mix it up.

4. Centurion is sort of a victim of its own success. It is best known for rails as it was easier to produce these as he was active duty than complete weapons (remember he had Centurion for a decade before retiring). He sold them to Colt and BCM (as well as bunch of OEM to BCM). Bring up Centurion Arms on the Internet and 20 responses will be about rails to each comment about complete guns.

5. The gun culture is vulnerable to the traits of today's culture, e.g. a lack of ability to focus. Today's society is conducive to ADHD, not reflection and study. This leads to the complete confusion about what Centurion is. How many times has Centurion been confused with the shlock from Century? 5,000 times just today.

Refrigerator27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Noblesville
    I always refer people to my Citizen/Fed Rich/poor chart. The chart is more of a joke and not a chart on reliability.

Citizen vs Fed.jpg

and my tier list

Tier List.JPG

as for my unimportant opinion, for $2000 just get a 16" PSA premium series, throw a Primary Arms PLXc 1-8 on there and call it a day. I sold my PSA a while ago but I put over 3k rounds through it with minimal issues (only failures were when I tuned the gas system, stock it was perfect), hit shots at 500 yards with a PA 1-6, and hunted coyotes with it. I regret selling it.

Attachments

• IMG_E4122.JPG
      IMG_E4122.JPG
      754.2 KB · Views: 28

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I always refer people to my Citizen/Fed Rich/poor chart. The chart is more of a joke and not a chart on reliability.

View attachment 279502

and my tier list

View attachment 279504

as for my unimportant opinion, for $2000 just get a 16" PSA premium series, throw a Primary Arms PLXc 1-8 on there and call it a day. I sold my PSA a while ago but I put over 3k rounds through it with minimal issues (only failures were when I tuned the gas system, stock it was perfect), hit shots at 500 yards with a PA 1-6, and hunted coyotes with it. I regret selling it.
    I'm in more agreement with your tier list.
    I have actually bought a BCA upper in 223 wylde 20" the craftsmanship is good, I've checked the gas block one of my biggest concerns and it's good to go.
    I've been shooting my 75gr HPBT match Hornady or 75gr Speer TMJBT reloads in it. So far I'm happy.
    I've only got around 100rds through it so I'm not ready to make any judgments on it yet as to reliability.
    I plan on running it more this year amd give it a good workout and let the chips fall where they may.
    I've used several BCA barrels in past builds, and I've not had any problems with them. All are accurate with match grade ammunition.
    They now offer hammer Forged barrels at a nice discount compared to other’s. I'd like to test one out and see how it goes.
    I think BCA has been having growing pains, but are learning and getting better.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So what everyone is saying is that unless you are in the S Tier, you really aren't serious about guns, shooting and self/home defense.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    1. Path of least resistance sells guns. If it is on the shelf, it will be sold. How many here go in a demand to see a Centurion? A handful?

2. Movies sell guns. In which movie is a Centurion featured?

3. Shill youtubers that shoot crap that blows up sell guns, just look at all them shooting melons or gel or junk. Garand Thumb has done how many Centurion Arms videos? Name the big YT channels that have featured Centurion, complete radio silence. IIRC Vickers did a couple of videos but that was years ago.

Bartocci does Centurion Arms videos but he is what 100K? The uber/high order gun nerds watch SAS and still they talk about the gosh darn rails.
    Type A+ individuals like Monty are slow on the PR trigger. While others know the value of aggressive marketing a la Glock (let me buy you a steak and go to a club and let's put my guns in your new cops & robber movie, Kirk Freeman retirement gig, Head of Sales, Centurion Arms). Type As are typically high order/high honor individuals who see this as low or even sleazy and are hesitate to mix it up.

4. Centurion is sort of a victim of its own success. It is best known for rails as it was easier to produce these as he was active duty than complete weapons (remember he had Centurion for a decade before retiring). He sold them to Colt and BCM (as well as bunch of OEM to BCM). Bring up Centurion Arms on the Internet and 20 responses will be about rails to each comment about complete guns.

5. The gun culture is vulnerable to the traits of today's culture, e.g. a lack of ability to focus. Today's society is conducive to ADHD, not reflection and study. This leads to the complete confusion about what Centurion is. How many times has Centurion been confused with the shlock from Century? 5,000 times just today.
    Ahhhh. You speak for instant Gradifacation Generation and Younger Millennials.
    For a brief moment I thought you were speaking of The Boomers and younger.
    We will order and wait for Quality.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central

View attachment 279502

and my tier list

View attachment 279504

I hope it`s a joke, because I won`t have anything remington...

bigdaddy1427

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Rock river arms. Doesn't get any better in my opinion. Both of modern military service rifles (optic & iron sights) are RRA .....I have picked up my President 100 & I went distinguished using RRA guns
    Aaron, when did that happen? I did not think that you had either of those very distinguished honors. As somebody who has earned both, I try to keep track of who has those honors, especially at my home club.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Any comments or experience with the Sig MCX rifles, other than expensive? Having no requirement for a buffer tube is interesting.
    I have a Virtus upper on a converted lower. I like it but it's heavy. It's a 9" upper with a heavy can attached, though, so I expect it to be a bit heavy.

Top Bottom