• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wirednot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2022
    Avon
    New to area and will be trying out Parabellum soon for first time. Reading their web site, it looks very well run. For someone who has shot a lot but never been to the facility, any helpful info before hand? Like procedural stuff? I have read their rules, but have found some ranges have unwritten ways of doing things as well. Also curious if it’s easy to get a lane for like a half hour mid day, generally as I’d like to go at lunch time. I’m assuming they sell targets or do you need to bring your own? Thanks in advance.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Been a while since I was there. They were sweeping brass behind the shooting stalls, other places I go sweep brass into the shooting bay in front of the lane bench. There is a bench at the rear of the bays for placing gear, just make sure you take your firearm to the lane in a case.

Targets are available.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    New to area and will be trying out Parabellum soon for first time. Reading their web site, it looks very well run. For someone who has shot a lot but never been to the facility, any helpful info before hand? Like procedural stuff? I have read their rules, but have found some ranges have unwritten ways of doing things as well. Also curious if it’s easy to get a lane for like a half hour mid day, generally as I’d like to go at lunch time. I’m assuming they sell targets or do you need to bring your own? Thanks in advance.
    Every time I have gone mid-day, walked right in. I think it was $11.00 with a target for a half hour.

Parabellum is my favorite place in this area.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I've always had good experiences at Parabellum. Typical range rules; nothing out of the ordinary, as far as I'm aware.

Targets are available, but likely cheaper elsewhere. Try one of the gun shops in the area.

Parabellum also offers training/classes.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Personally I try to avoid peak times. It just gets really loud being an indoor range, and the stalls are relatively close to each other. I always wear plugs and muffs for double ear pro.
    I always try to tell the range people if I'm shooting any kind of rifle round so that they can put me on the far edges, to avoid blasting the guy next to me. I would imagine they would do the same if you didn't want to be next to some guy blasting an AK - could be me....sorry in advance.
    It is well run, and staff is very friendly.

Refrigerator27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Noblesville
    $8 entry for 30 minutes from 11-2pm during weekdays, hardly anyone there during lunch whenever I go (maybe more on friday4-7 people), First target is free with entry, standard range rules just make sure to sweep your brass.

I believe their rules say to bring your case up to the bench and place your guns down in front of the shooting bench, and then move your case behind you but everyone I see there puts the cases on the counter behind them and them brings them to the bench while facing the muzzle upwards (although I only see that with long guns).

Pretty chill range and I like it alot. Don't be surprised if someone comes up to you to chat. Everytime I shoot there, I always get one or 2 people wanting to chat or show me what they are shooting.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    It's the only indoor range in Indianapolis I know of, that allows drawing from a holster, so that's good.

Mid-day is often fairly empty. It gets more sporty in the evenings.

Word to the wise. Mind the benches behind you. Being there at midday is good, because it increases the chances you'll have an area almost to yourself, and won't have people futzing around with equipment to your "six" (or five, or seven). Those long guns in cases laying on benches back there, unless the case is vertical, are often being handled and pointed to the left for a split second while the person is getting the gun out, and are pointing right at the door where people enter the range. Again this is not to discourage you from going, because it's a good business. But remember, there are people there whom the range has no control over, and you've signed a hold harmless form. If spectators start futzing with equipment behind you, ask to be moved to another lane.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom