• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Signed up with GOA few months ago. Said goodbye to the NRA after many years. I just can't support them as long as they keep wasting money and have Wayne on the payroll. GOA seems to have their stuff together.
    If you put the money into the NRA ILA the money gets used for the right reasons. The NRA is what has helped get passed Pro 2a laws here in Indiana over the course of the last few years.

I also donate to FPC and am a member of GOA and the 2nd Amendment Foundation

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'm a life member of Second Amendment Foundation, the NRA, and, G.O.A.
    They all have their place, but as stated up thread, you need to target your monies going to the NRA.
    All of my NRA donations now go through either the Nra-Ila (Institute for legislative action) or the Nra-Pvf (Political victory fund).

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    INGO sure likes to have it both ways. Simultaniously criticizing them for not doing things while bragging that they are cutting off funds so they cannot do anything to force them into utopia.

Reactions: Leo

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I think everyone needs to do what they think is right. I probably look at things differently than many here.

Most of the things the left has used to make 2nd supporters hate the NRA are political, the things many do not like about the NRA are typical political crap, many call that corruption but that is the currency of DC. Folks, the NRA is a political animal, therefore it will smell like a political animal.

Most of the other gun rights orgs are about trying to stem the tide of gun control laws via court and that is very much needed, but no more so than an entity that can get down in the swamp. We all believe in natural inalienable rights, and freedom. A majority of our fellow citizens do not even understand that much less support it.

There is a saying that you are either at the table or on the menu. In my 25 years the NRA has done a lot of good, that is why I support them. Yep, they have done some things that upset those of us that believe as we do. But at the end of the day politics is negotiation and to stop worse from happening one must sacrifice something to get something or stop something.

I have wondered what if many or even most of the “Waynes suits” went to the congress critters or their staffers that help us. Obviously that would be illegal but I’m sure it happens and WPL takes the heat rather than our friends. Politics is ugly and we need support that ugly…

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I’m not a Wayne fan. I’m a life member but my current donations go to FPC, they’re really winning a ton in the courts.

However, as long as you’re donating somewhere that helps the 2nd, even a little that’s what matters. Too many people find excuses to not support anything. They just whine and complain and don’t actually support the cause monetarily.

Is it really important to you? Put your money where your mouth is, think of how much good even one organization could do to help the 2nd if every active member here even just donated $5.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    There is a distinction between NRA membership side (full disclosure, I am a Benefactor Life Member) and the NRA-ILA which includes grassroots, political victory, fund, and other entities. Full disclosure, I am a volunteer with NRA-ILA . I am also a member of The 2A Project.

The 800 pound gorilla in the room that shows up with lawyers… Has the letters NRA in their title.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I am not in love with every step of every division of the NRA. The political arm is pretty important. If you compete in sanctioned gun sports, they have been the sanctioning body for all of my life. I appreciate those things.

The GOA is active in keeping our rights. In the monthly news letter, almost every time is some pre printed post cards to the politicians who need to be contacted and informed of our wishes. There have been some congressmen that said they changed their veiw because so many people contacted them. I appreciate that.

There are other organizations that are based on preserving our hunting rights. I am not even a water fowl hunter, but believe in the rights of those who do.

The fight against evil has hundreds of fronts. It is tiring but I do what I can.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    There is a distinction between NRA membership side (full disclosure, I am a Benefactor Life Member) and the NRA-ILA which includes grassroots, political victory, fund, and other entities. Full disclosure, I am a volunteer with NRA-ILA . I am also a member of The 2A Project.

The 800 pound gorilla in the room that shows up with lawyers… Has the letters NRA in their title.
    This is mentioned a lot here, but doesn’t the member side also fund the legal efforts?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just avoid NAGR at all cost. Dudley Brown is a carpetbagger that is un serious. Everything he touches magically goes the wrong way. Its like he knows that if he wins, he wont have anything to lobby us for membership dollars for. I watched his group torpedo the Colorado magazine ban legislation, and he even did it here in the state.

He gave donations to an Indiana republican who then turned around and submitted an over the top amendment on a bill that turned out to be a poison pill and go the whole thing shut down. It may have even been constitutional carry that resulted in them having to do a strip and replace to keep it moving because his man on the ground nuked our chances.

Or maybe I'm thinking of another bill. But I know he isnt good for our side.

Top Bottom