• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Consumers need to realize that it's capital that keep the companies going, not just consumers. You can have your perfect consumer sales and go out of business due to a lack of capital.
    I'd like to see some proof of a company unable to get a loan because they weren't woke enough.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Not just loans though they may be included, but capital in general. Plenty of proof has been proffered on INGO…
    Huh? What capital? A company gets capital from profit, from loans, or from offering more stock. Loans could be, but how is profit or offering more stock going to be affected by this?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Huh? What capital? A company gets capital from profit, from loans, or from offering more stock. Loans could be, but how is profit or offering more stock going to be affected by this?
    Consumers need to realize that it's capital that keep the companies going, not just consumers. You can have your perfect consumer sales and go out of business due to a lack of capital.
    I said capital all along. Institutional stock buyers are a huge source of capital. The institutional stock buyers are very woke, their ESG type ratings are affected by the ESG ratings of what they buy or fund. Big stock market companies are either growing or dying, they must have capital to grow.

That capital comes from a combination of cash on hand, stock issuances, credit swaps, or banks, it is not unusual for a billion dollar deal will have a dozen different banks, investors involved. That is how the banks and investor funds minimize the risk.

If JP Morgan lends a $100 million then others will want in, they all look at each other to see what everyone else will do to get a gauge on what the market thinks of the risk. ESG scores are all a part of the process, often a companies ESG type qualifications are requested before anything else gets started.

Remember the JP Morgan rep that puts this together gets bonuses for bringing in ESG quality loans, the same with all involved. Do you really not know this is going on?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I said capital all along. Institutional stock buyers are a huge source of capital. The institutional stock buyers are very woke, their ESG type ratings are affected by the ESG ratings of what they buy or fund. Big stock market companies are either growing or dying, they must have capital to grow.

That capital comes from a combination of cash on hand, stock issuances, credit swaps, or banks, it is not unusual for a billion dollar deal will have a dozen different banks, investors involved. That is how the banks and investor funds minimize the risk.

If JP Morgan lends a $100 million then others will want in, they all look at each other to see what everyone else will do to get a gauge on what the market thinks of the risk. ESG scores are all a part of the process, often a companies ESG type qualifications are requested before anything else gets started.

Remember the JP Morgan rep that puts this together gets bonuses for bringing in ESG quality loans, the same with all involved. Do you really not know this is going on?
    So we are back to loans. Now can you actually point to a company that was denied loans because of their ESG score? Maybe credit comes at a higher rate for them.

I understand some investors may use it to determine who they invest with, but that does not deny a company capital. Except in the case where they sell new stock and the price is suppressed by a lack of investment.

From what I see this is headed in the wrong direction, but I do not see it as all powerful as you seem to.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So we are back to loans. Now can you actually point to a company that was denied loans because of their ESG score? Maybe credit comes at a higher rate for them.

I understand some investors may use it to determine who they invest with, but that does not deny a company capital. Except in the case where they sell new stock and the price is suppressed by a lack of investment.

From what I see this is headed in the wrong direction, but I do not see it as all powerful as you seem to.
    Or maybe you need to meet some people that are boots on the ground in Fortune 500 companies and them tell you what they are dealing with…

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Do you think corporations keep their profits in cash stuffed suitcases locked up at company headquarters, or do you think they use banks? If banks say, we don't like the business you're in or your ESG score, so we won't do business with you, the corporation is essentially locked out of the financial system. Unable to use their own capital. That's before we even get to the loans discussion.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I'm curious though, why corporations aren't pushing back with lawsuits if they're being "forced" to go ESG? Or give business to banks that aren't pushing it? You would think there would be something that could be done if they didn't want to go that way.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I'm curious though, why corporations aren't pushing back with lawsuits if they're being "forced" to go ESG? Or give business to banks that aren't pushing it? You would think there would be something that could be done if they didn't want to go that way.
    How many liberal judges are in the way?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    How many liberal judges are in the way?

Right, but if businesses are being "forced" to do something they don't want, you would think they would be hitting up the media. If the piece of :poop: MSM wouldn't touch it, there are alternative sites that would love to run with a story like that (Timcast IRL for example) who could get the word out that there was a problem. Also, I seem to recall Trump installed a ton of judges, so while there are certainly some liberal judges that would shoot anything down, you would think there would be a district or two where that wouldn't happen. Even if it did get shot down, it could be escalated all the way to SCOTUS eventually. I don't see, or hear of any movement by any corporation saying this is an issue. You would think someone would be screaming to the heavens over this if it were actually considered an issue.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Or maybe you need to meet some people that are boots on the ground in Fortune 500 companies and them tell you what they are dealing with…
    Maybe you should. The company I work for was at 708 when it was bought by a privately held company. I've seen it all firsthand.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Do you think corporations keep their profits in cash stuffed suitcases locked up at company headquarters, or do you think they use banks? If banks say, we don't like the business you're in or your ESG score, so we won't do business with you, the corporation is essentially locked out of the financial system. Unable to use their own capital. That's before we even get to the loans discussion.
    Show me one, just one where that happened.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Maybe you should. The company I work for was at 708 when it was bought by a privately held company. I've seen it all firsthand.
    Never know it from your posts. What the heck does a private sale have to do with the Fortune 500 companies? Others have seen things too...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Top Bottom