• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    It would seem to me if the ISIS individuals were NOT following the quran and doing things the way mohammed wanted them to, then we would be hearing a whole chorus of islamic folks speaking out against their actions. There are a few muslim leaders stating that ISIS' actions aren't those of true muslims. But I think the deafening silence coming from the huge majority of mohamed's followers states they are at least ok with it. Or more simply stated, they support it simply by not taking a stand against it.
    I know if there were folks claiming to be Christians cutting off people's heads if they didn't convert you would hear an uproar of voices condemning that action.

With that being said I would have all people come into a saving knowledge of the grace and mercy of God. ISIS included. Even the guys that cut off people's heads.
    Perhaps this thread can actually do some good and open some eyes to what is real.

(Removed a statement that served no good purpose)

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    I think this is going great...thanks for the opportunity. I've been able to see a whole new side of people and read some interesting perspectives and ideas.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I think this is going great...thanks for the opportunity. I've been able to see a whole new side of people and read some interesting perspectives and ideas.

Well said. I am satisfied that it has added a new depth to our mutual understanding. I can honestly say that the only cases in which my opinions of any other members have changed have been for the better after being afforded a better understanding of their perspectives.

The only down side I have seen is that I have to admit getting lost in some of the heavier science and religion posts. :):

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It would seem to me if the ISIS individuals were NOT following the quran and doing things the way mohammed wanted them to, then we would be hearing a whole chorus of islamic folks speaking out against their actions. There are a few muslim leaders stating that ISIS' actions aren't those of true muslims. But I think the deafening silence coming from the huge majority of mohamed's followers states they are at least ok with it. Or more simply stated, they support it simply by not taking a stand against it.
    I know if there were folks claiming to be Christians cutting off people's heads if they didn't convert you would hear an uproar of voices condemning that action.

With that being said I would have all people come into a saving knowledge of the grace and mercy of God. ISIS included. Even the guys that cut off people's heads.
    Perhaps this thread can actually do some good and open some eyes to what is real.

(Removed a statement that served no good purpose)

How many Christian leaders have spoken out against the LRA?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Who? What's the LRA?

Lord's Resistance Army. Wants to install a theocracy based on the Ten Commandments. Been active since the 80s. Killed heaps of people, abducted people. Ever seen Machine Gun Preacher? They're the bad guys.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    From what little I know about it, I would say that if asked after having been informed about it, most Christians would denounce it. Any group that " is listed as a terrorist group by the United States [SUP][12][/SUP] and has been accused of widespread human rights violations, including murder, abduction, mutilation, child-sex slavery, and forcing children to participate in hostilities.[SUP][13][/SUP][SUP][14 "
    [/SUP] is NOT a Christian group.

Lord's Resistance Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    If you want a warrior God, he's a man. If you want a loving God, she's a woman. Jesus, on the other hand, had a large anima. If you want to see God, give up all of this.

p.s. that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    From what little I know about it, I would say that if asked after having been informed about it, most Christians would denounce it. Any group that " is listed as a terrorist group by the United States [SUP][12][/SUP] and has been accused of widespread human rights violations, including murder, abduction, mutilation, child-sex slavery, and forcing children to participate in hostilities.[SUP][13][/SUP][SUP][14 "

Agreed. They aren't exactly making the 24 hour news cycle every 24 hours. They do sound like a good use for napalm.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    From what little I know about it, I would say that if asked after having been informed about it, most Christians would denounce it. Any group that " is listed as a terrorist group by the United States[SUP][12][/SUP] and has been accused of widespread human rights violations, including murder, abduction, mutilation, child-sex slavery, and forcing children to participate in hostilities.[SUP][13][/SUP][SUP][14 "

It could be said that they are just a Christian as ISIS is Islamic. And why haven't Christians denounced it? Hell, if Hollywood is referencing the group with movies starring A-list actors, surely the most powerful Christian organizations in the world would have known about this group, right? Where's their condemnations?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It could be said that they are just a Christian as ISIS is Islamic

How do you figure? Now that you bring it up, ISIS and LRA have the same general method of operation albeit with some difference in scale and success. This pattern of behavior follows the book, the teachings, and the example of Mohammad. It bears no resemblance whatsoever with the Bible or the teaching and/or example of Christ. Your false moral equivalency is tiresome.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    How do you figure? Now that you bring it up, ISIS and LRA have the same general method of operation albeit with some difference in scale and success. This pattern of behavior follows the book, the teachings, and the example of Mohammad. It bears no resemblance whatsoever with the Bible or the teaching and/or example of Christ. Your false moral equivalency is tiresome.

The LRA quote scripture in justifying their methods. No false equivalency.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The LRA quote scripture in justifying their methods. No false equivalency.

I can use most any book ever printed as source material to defend most any conceivable position. Please review: I not only specify taking the Bible in context, not pulling out random verses devoid of context. I also very specifically addressed the instruction and example of the founders of both religions who by definition are the arbiters of the nature of the religion in question. Christ never killed, enslaved, tortured, stole, or conscripted anyone as child soldiers, nor did he instruct anyone else to do so. Mohammad did. It is indeed false equivalency. By your standard, I could pull words out of Webster's dictionary and use it to 'prove' most any point of my choice about people who speak English. You are employing an argument that simply does not work.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I can use most any book ever printed as source material to defend most any conceivable position. Please review: I not only specify taking the Bible in context, not pulling out random verses devoid of context. I also very specifically addressed the instruction and example of the founders of both religions who by definition are the arbiters of the nature of the religion in question. Christ never killed, enslaved, tortured, stole, or conscripted anyone as child soldiers, nor did he instruct anyone else to do so. Mohammad did. It is indeed false equivalency. By your standard, I could pull words out of Webster's dictionary and use it to 'prove' most any point of my choice about people who speak English. You are employing an argument that simply does not work.

Wat? You do know Christ is God in the flesh, right? Do you want a body count of the peoples killed and society's destroyed by his command or outright action?

Top Bottom