Go ahead and laugh, but you about lost the bacon today.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    As some of you know, my husband and I raise hogs. He’s turned the everyday work of the finishing floor over to me about year and half ago. We just emptied the building of fat hogs yesterday and today I started pressure washing. I’ve been in the building about twenty minutes and am pressure washing the ceiling with the light fan spray tip on. I’m obviously looking up and not down because I’m doing the ceiling. The floor is slatted and some of the manure doesn’t always fall through the slats so the floor is a bit uneven at times. I’m not sure what made me look down when I stepped on something, but I did. Good Golly I stepped on a snake!!! :eek:

Now do any of you remember the guy who screamed like a little girl on America’s Funniest Home Video? Well that’s what I looked like.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyYGLTtdCh8
    I thought the critters and I had an agreement…stay where you belong and don’t startle me and I’ll leave you alone. Well this snake was not where it belonged and it scared the begeebers out of me. I scaled the gate and fished out my phone to call my husband, who proceeded to laugh at me. When I told him to quit laughing and get home, he had the nerve to ask me if I was serious.

Yes, I’m serious. There is a snake in the building with me. Neither it nor I could escape and leave each other in peace. Now I’m not a girly girl…I’ve held snakes before and I’ve picked them up to get them out of my yard too, but that was when it didn’t startle me. The startle factor gives me chills down my spine. Snakes are good, they eat mice and frogs and such and that’s a good thing around a farm, but they do not belong in my hog building and I don’t care how many mice are in there. No snakes allowed.

My husband showed up about 5 minutes later to find me and the snake in a standoff. Me still perched on the gate and the snake in the corner with nowhere to go but down the slates into the pit. Again with the laughter…doesn’t my husband know that I am the one that cooks for him and if he ever wants another decent meal he will quit laughing? Smirking count as laughing too.

Once the snake is removed from the building my husband still smirking tells me he found the place where it got in at and to watch for more. WATCH for MORE??? How am I going to get any pressure washing done perched on the gate all day? I’m about to call it a day and tell him to forget it I’m not pressure washing when with the sweetest of kisses and a pat on the butt he asks me if I’m ready to give up my hogs yet. Humm…he laid down the gantlet, drew a line in the sand, double dog dared me…Who does he think I am, some girly girl?

So I climbed down off my perch and with a chill running down my spine, picked up my spray wand, and prayed the black hose would quit looking like a huge snake before the day was done.

So the next time you are enjoying bacon for breakfast or a yummy BLT, think of me and have a good laugh. You know what they say…Laughter and Bacon are the best medicine.

Last edited:

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    haha that's funny, but no fun for you!

Sounds like next time you should keep a shovel, or garden hoe nearby just in case. ;)

There better not be a next time. This is a sealed building and the hubby found the hole. It better get sealed back up or this lady ain't gonna be happy and we all know if Momma ain't happy no one's happy. :laugh:

Top Bottom