GLOCK Models 41 and 42... let the speculation begin!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    In a recent thread about my Glock Armorer's re-cert class (https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/321274-glock-armorer-update.html), I mentioned the instructor told us that Glock would be unveiling two new guns at SHOT Show in January.

I was doing some ordering for the shop this evening, and found that the new models are already in our distributor's system. :eek: Very little information is available (and no pics or description), but what is there allows us to make some inferences.

They are listed under "handguns," so no Glock Carbine (big surprise)

One model will be the Glock 41. SKU numbers are PG4130101 and PG4130103, which indicate adjustable sights, and a low-cap and hi-cap version. The Glock 41 is more expensive than any of Glock's other pistols to date; based on the wholesale cost I'm seeing, street price will be $779.95 at my shop. Given that, my official guess is that the new Glock Model 41 is going to be an optics-ready, competition-oriented pistol to compete with the S&W M&P CORE and FNH-USA FNX-45 Tactical.

The other model will be the Glock 42. SKU number is UI4250201, which indicates US-made, fixed sights and a low-capacity (10 or less) magazine. Wholesale price on this is only slightly above the Gen3 models, so street price should be $539.95. I think this is a new single stack .380 or 9mm of some sort.

Or, I could be completely wrong. Guess we'll find out in January if not before!

:ingo:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    In related news, I am not surprised that Glock elected to skip the model number 40. If they had any sense of humor, though, they would've made it a .22 pistol... then you would've had a Glock 22 .40 and a Glock 40 .22. :D

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Yes, a long slide .45acp model. Glock's first 1911!!

That's an insult to glocks :):
    Definitely not. That's best of both worlds.

An an optics ready 34 would be nice. Or a 1911'ish 45.

Id much much rather see a. 9mm pocket pistol in single stack vs a 380. But hey, give it a month or two and we'll find out, right?

BTW, I've been waiting for the 40 just to see what caliber they would do. Guess I don't gotta worry about that now. But, I do like your idea about the .22

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I would venture that one of those has to be a single stack 9mm. Glock is not going to let all of those sales go to XDs, Kahr, Walther PPS, S&W Shield.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    There's been a thread going on Glocktalk for a few weeks about these, but no real firm info there either.

I had been toying with the idea buying a Shield 9mm as a smaller alternative to my G19. Maybe I'll hold off and see what happens.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Please be a single stack 9, please be a single stack 9....

Unless they radically changed their design model, even if they did do a single stack 9 it would not be remotely competitive with existing designs. It would likely be wider and more overengineered than necessary and with their insistence of the plastic/metal lined magazines with that stupid hollow cavity frame, a small thin grip would be out of the question.

baba

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Glock 1911? Everyone else is on the bandwagon.....

Seriously though, this is a tough one. I'd love for one to be a .22 cal. I'd be all over it though. Single stack tiny 9mm would be cool too.

-Brian

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Unless they radically changed their design model, even if they did do a single stack 9 it would not be remotely competitive with existing designs. It would likely be wider and more overengineered than necessary and with their insistence of the plastic/metal lined magazines with that stupid hollow cavity frame, a small thin grip would be out of the question.

Unless they can come up with something thinner then the current G19/G26 that actually hits the market with no recalls or that is not complete junk.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Unless they can come up with something thinner then the current G19/G26 that actually hits the market with no recalls or that is not complete junk.

Well, remember, Glock usually gets things right the first time for the most part, and then messes them up on subsequent generations :)

I'm actually very interested to see what these are, and even if it is a copy of another design, but a good usable gun, and executed well, it will be a step in the right direction. If it is something geared more for the civilian market than just toward a LEO market, it will tell us that Glock is starting to wake up and realize it needs to at least listen to the market place, if not truly be an innovator.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Yes, a long slide .45acp model. Glock's first 1911!!

That's an insult to glocks :):

I can tell you right now it won't be a 1911 unfortunately UNLESS its a double stack. Shooter said high cap and low cap versions, a 1911 is all around low cap. Id say the single stack 9mm is a very likely option due to popularity of 9mm. BUT, I could be dead wrong. We shall see...

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Well, remember, Glock usually gets things right the first time for the most part, and then messes them up on subsequent generations :)

I'm actually very interested to see what these are, and even if it is a copy of another design, but a good usable gun, and executed well, it will be a step in the right direction. If it is something geared more for the civilian market than just toward a LEO market, it will tell us that Glock is starting to wake up and realize it needs to at least listen to the market place, if not truly be an innovator.

Say whahuh??? and here I was thinking that, since the glock format has become the new format for many other manufacturers to copy, and possibly improve upon, I thought they WERE innovators. Since they were kinda the only game in town for a long time.

and you make it seem like copying another design is a bad thing, but EVERY firearm, has parts that are design copies from someone else. Even the 1911, was not totally one-off, when it was designed.

Exactly what is the "right direction" for glock, in your opinion?

Top Bottom