• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ABrad15

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 18, 2023
    NW Indy
    Let’s talk about how Glock is so innovative… not really and I’m a fanboy… what would you like to see Glock come out with? I want them to come out with a fire control unit like sig

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    How about that carbine that people have been asking for? Like for the last 20 years or so.

Something about the size and configuration of the Beretta CX4 (mags go in the pistol grip) would be neat. Or even a cool bullpup configuration.

Especially with the pistol brace fiasco going on right now. Glock could release a bullpup that is as short as most braced pistols, without the ATF ********, and really captivate the market.

But they'll probably go with more of the same, with a grip or slide chop. "New model!"

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Glock is innovative.... Thats so 1980s
    I don't hate glock at all. If I could only have 1 pistol it would be a 19 but dang. Never saw a company put out so much stuff thats the same and calling it new and different. JMHO
    To be fair, the Gen 5 has quite a few parts that aren't backwards compatible. Glock does actually do a lot of small changes internally when they decide something could be improved.

Personally, I don't need Glock to do anything but continue making good reliable handguns.

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Maybe make factory metal magazines that allow their guns to be competitive in the market. If Shield Arms didn't exist the 43x and 48 would have been complete duds IMHO.

I actually carry a G48 w/ factory 10rnd mags. Why? Because the Shield mags take WAAAAY too much fiddle-farting around with to make them function even somewhat reliably. Lots of issues with them, and plenty of folks who have run them for hundreds of rounds without a problem only for them to suddenly and unexpectedly crap out in some way. For a tool I may have to bet my life on (but please God, don’t make me do that), no thanks.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I actually carry a G48 w/ factory 10rnd mags. Why? Because the Shield mags take WAAAAY too much fiddle-farting around with to make them function even somewhat reliably. Lots of issues with them, and plenty of folks who have run them for hundreds of rounds without a problem only for them to suddenly and unexpectedly crap out in some way. For a tool I may have to bet my life on (but please God, don’t make me do that), no thanks.

Now this would be an interesting statistic, but I wonder what percentage of users stick with OEM 10 round mags or go Shield 15 round magazine route.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan

You can usually cure “Gluck innovation” by buying a new, aftermarket, fully supported barrel.

I have 1 Glock, wait, 2. A 48 and a 19x. I had more but I started doling them out to the kids years ago.

To act like the Glock pistol is the end all be all is being as small minded as those that still cling to their 1911 and ignore all the faults and failings of the design, ESPECIALLY the ones you purchased in the 1970’s and 80’s that you had to spend another $1000 in to get them to shoot JHP bullets.

And almost 60%, more probably, never leave their Glock pistol stock. And if you don’t believe me, what did you do with those horrific plastic sights that came on the gun?

Probably the same place mine went, into a spare parts bin in a divided box somewhere to put back on when you sell it.

Not bashing them, just telling the whole truth.

Top Bottom