Glock Defense Set G23/G27 matching S/N(ca-1996)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aporter

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I have 1 of 2 Glock pistols from the Glock Self Defense Set. The Glock Self Defense Set was a Gen 2 Glock 23 and a Gen 2 Glock 27, with matching S/N.

I have the 23, which was given to me by my Father. My Father purchased from his friend, who was the original owner of the set, who he purchased with his business partner. The business partner took the 27.

I am in search of the 27 to re-join the set. Any info available would be appreciated. The search results from trying to find info on this set are few. If someone happens to have some info, the right side of the G27 Slide will read “Defense Set 2 of 2”

Thanks!

Attachments

• 4A0A93AF-CBB1-4403-9CB6-EA4639D40FB2.jpeg
      4A0A93AF-CBB1-4403-9CB6-EA4639D40FB2.jpeg
      1.7 MB · Views: 22
    • 7C5AD9E0-D204-4C1B-AD40-E9D0451DACBB.jpeg
      7C5AD9E0-D204-4C1B-AD40-E9D0451DACBB.jpeg
      1.5 MB · Views: 21
    Last edited:

Cheeki Breeki

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2019
    Muncie
    That’s a pretty interesting Glock I never knew existed!
    I did a little reading on the sets and apparently only 1500 sets of .40 S&W were made, and a lot of them seem to be separated. Finding its sibling seems nearly impossible and rare to stumble across but I wish you good luck! My advice is to search every gun forum and Glock group there is and maybe even check armslist or GB repetitively over time and one day you may reunite the two.

:cheers:
    Edit: it just occurred to me your best chance might be to attempt contacting your fathers friends business partner,
    or the family of those who know of the Glocks whereabouts. That seems to be the best way to track it down, because it could have been sold to a pawnshop by now, or been begifted to someone, in a sock drawer, estate sale, etc...

Last edited:

aporter

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I did a little reading on the sets and apparently only 1500 sets of .40 S&W were made, and a lot of them seem to be separated. Finding its sibling seems nearly impossible and rare to stumble across but I wish you good luck! My advice is to search every gun forum and Glock group there is and maybe even check armslist or GB repetitively over time and one day you may reunite the two.

Edit: it just occurred to me your best chance might be to attempt contacting your fathers friends business partner,
    or the family of those who know of the Glocks whereabouts. That seems to be the best way to track it down, because it could have been sold to a pawnshop by now, or been begifted to someone, in a sock drawer, estate sale, etc...
    Thanks, I didn’t know they were limited to 1500. From my understanding the partner has passed, and prior to that they weren’t speaking.

chandler01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2021
    Gary

That seems like a long shot. I wish you success in your search

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Interesting point...and sad to hear that they were not speaking prior to the partner's death.
    I concur though...start with the partner's family and see where the trail leads!
    Find the 'matched' set, would be an awesome endeavor...and could result in an interesting path by the time it's all finished?
    It's a long shot...but yet it's those who seek who find...I say, Go for it!

Top Bottom